Catfishing two days ago

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Skammer, Feb 4, 2006.

1. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Its nice to see someone getting out and catching fish ..Nice catch!

2. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Jim I guess I got to use to the different screen name. Thank god we got pic's.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Skammer - Nice catches, thanks for posting the photo's!

4. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Nice cats! What is the temperature of the susky river???? The mighty allegheny was up to almost 40* last weekend.

5. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    It is nice to see others are out catching fish this time of year, I have been stuck with daydreams and memories here in frozen Minnesota.

Nice looking fish, I am sure it was a blast! Thanks for posting!:thumbsup:

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Hweyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,you are doin welll!!! :) It is supposed to get cold and SNOW this weekend.Its great you are having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

7. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I didn't check the water temp. but the air temp was around 35 degrees.

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    We findly missed a snow storm this week, we only got a dusting up here. I guess you guy down east got hammered today. But it's still cold here, I spent the day on the ice yesterday. Poor poor day I guess because of the full moon. I did manage two Shinner's for Catfish bait.

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Burrrr I give you cedit as I certainly wouldnt venture out in that temp. Nice looking pics of the fish thanks for posting.

10. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

Skammer, those are some really nice winter catfish. What type of bait were you using? Do you use the same things in the winter and the summer?

11. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Cut bait seem to work winter & summer. The cats I posted were caught on cut bait from some bluegills from ice fishin. Fresh caught chubs from the creeks can't be beat for summer cats.

12. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Near Harrisburgh or where??:0a36:

13. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    North Branch near Berwick.

14. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I work all week long in nice warm outdoor temps.Saturday was nice,but then my girlfriends 4 year old grandson wanted to have a GI Joe day.We both put on camo and spend the day together so I could not get out to fish.But we did have a great day.He says GI Joe day is for boys only....his grandmother is allowed to be our camp cook though....she really loves being called that...:0a19:

15. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice Fish Skammer thanks for sharing those pictures!

16. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    That sounded better than fishing! He is lucky to have you.:)

17. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Skammer, those were some nice cats. I'm from central pa. and don't get any farther east than Lewistown usually. Didn't think the cats would be biting yet. Of course I'm mainly a night fisherman, so its still a little too cool for me yet. Do you ever get in to the Juniata river? Or does anybody? I'm looking for some new spots closer to the center of the state and would appreciate any advice anyone experienced out there could give me.:)

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    tbartek - Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25: I don't fish out in the area you are inquiring about but there are members on here that can help you out!

19. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I myself fish mainly the North Branch. As far as to early go's I've had some good day's in the daylite already this year, but I also had several bad day's too. I know Skammer is doing late after noon into the evening. I dont fish that much after dark only because I have a problem with balance, it's an age thing. I would say if the river is up and a little dirty your missing out on some good fishin, give it a shot.