Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Catfishing today

320 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Shootrj2003
I went catfishing this afternoon,but only caught 2 perch, but hey,better than nothing! They were 24” long but I kept them.
Reactions: 5
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I want express my respect and appreciation for everybody,you are all true fishermen .I have to admit to telling what I thought was a blatant fish story,I thought for sure somebody would call me on it,but you were all gentlemen and fishermen enough not to suggest that I might be stretching my perch considerably,they were admittedly almost 24” Layed end to end and that was the catch/ punch line.When no one called me on it I felt guilty and had too admit to you guys that it was a joke that kind of backfired on me,I forgot that telling such a thing in writing is different than telling something face to face at the club or campfire which ,by the way,I would be more than honored to be able to do with any of you.Please forgive me.It was just a fish story:cry::censored: BUT I did go catfishing and catch two perch!
See less See more
Small gut hooked perch are good cut bait. Stays on hook good also in high current.
I have a sticker that sums it up perfectly, Shootrj.
It says: "I FISH, THEREFORE I LIE!
If you read any on lewis and clark they saw perches up to like 20 pounds lol
Reactions: 3
If you read any on lewis and clark they saw perches up to like 20 pounds lol
That would be a heck of a perch!!!
A meal in one fish.

I was talking to the Game Warden for Cleavland County, Ok, last time out.
After I mentioned goldfish, and how it used to be illegal as bait here, he said that the one stipulation the regs have, "...if, at the end of the day, you have goldfish left...DO NOT RELEASE THEM INTO THE LAKE."
He said that, in Lake Hefner, there are now goldfish that are 5# and bigger!!
Ive caught a goldfish that was around 5lbs when i was a kid. Dipnetted outa a pond
Shootr, I did not comment on your post as I have never caught a perch, (yellow or white perch). Since I don't know how big they can get I was ignorant to the joke.

Now that I get it.....wow! :D
That would be a nice perch
Reactions: 1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts