Catfishing Tip of the Day: Night Time Safety Glasses

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by comanchero, Jun 7, 2006.

1. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Last night was a beautiful night to be one the river. We pulled out of our last spot about 1:00 am and Cattin Addict brought the RiverPro up on plane and goosed it up to about 45 mph. I was manning the spotlight in the bow and lighting the channel bouys as we motored upstream on Pool 3 of the Mississippi river. All the way up to Prescott I was getting tattooed in the face and eyes with June bugs, mosquitos, dragon flies, etc, etc. As he brought the boat down at the Prescott No-Wake Cattin Addict had a big grin as he looked at my tortured expression - "You need some safety glasses, Rookie!". There he sat with a nice pair of wrap-around clear safety glasses perched on his face. My eyes were red and runny and I looked like I needed to stop at a Holiday station and use their squeege to get the bugs off my face.

Well I just got back from WalMart. I got the last pair of wrap around clear safety glasses they had in the store - $4.44 and worth every penny for my next night time run. This rookie is ready for some long distance running to the flathead holes. I thought I would pass on this pearl of wisdom courtesy of Cattin Addict.

We had a pretty good night. We got one 22# flathead and another that we didn't weigh but it was a good 30" fish. We had some great runs but we just couldn't hook'em. Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I recently started wearing the safety glasses for the same reason, they are pretty much neccasiry.

3. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Try the glasses with the yellow lenses, like shooting glasses. They help you focus more clearly, especially at night.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Excuse my French, but motoring around at 45 mph in the dark is just plain stupid, no matter how well you think you know the lake or river you're on.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I admit my thoughts were "I sure hope they don;t kill some one".Please guys.Think about it.All of us should think about it.I have seen the dead.peewee-williams