Catfishing the St. Croix River

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by thenightstalker, Jun 23, 2008.

1. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    has anybody been fishing the st croix latley

2. jimmyw

jimmyw New Member

State:
    NW Wisconsin
    Ive been fishin it for the last month but havent done any good yet. I fish just north of highway 8 but I cant get into the bluffs because Im disabled and there is no way to get my wheel chair down there so I fish at Interstate park near the boat landing. Its mighty hard getting any bigguns there. I fished it all last year and my best cat is in my avatar, Nothing special. Jimmy

3. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    highway 8 is like st croix falls and taylors falls right. where the tour boats are? i believe it is i lived up there for a while just cant remember the roads. but anyway, north of st. croix falls, there is a boat ramp that is abouve the damn a lil ways. there is a lil park right beside it on the south side. get you some big suckers from that big outdoors store yp the hill towards centuria. i think its on the right. fish that park just as it starts to get dark. fish along the shore there about 20 ft out. use so no roll flat sinkers slip style rig. i promise ya man. you can get some 20# + there. give it a try and let me know how you do

4. jimmyw

jimmyw New Member

State:
    NW Wisconsin
    Your right its just below where the tour boats are. Thank you for the info on the park up north I will give it a shot. Again thanks. Jimmy

5. thenightstalker

State:
    indiana
    anything for a fellow catfisherman
    GOOD LUCK!!!

6. JUMPER

JUMPER New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    good luck

7. jimmyw

jimmyw New Member

State:
    NW Wisconsin
    Thanks for the good luck wishes! So far still nothing but Im not giving up! I have had a few hard hits at Lions park but no hook ups yet. Jimmy

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good luck rick

9. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    I've heard the St. Croix has a good population of both flatheads and blues. How far up the river do the blues run?