Catfishing The Ohio River - Caught 30 Pound Catfish!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by catman47, Dec 7, 2008.

1. catman47

catman47 New Member

State:
    ky
    Hello , new to the botherhood. I am an avid catfisher but wondering on a few things. Went to the Ohio River Thanksgiving weekend caught a 30 pounder and a 15 and 22 pounder, but was at the dam in Cannelton, is the fishing any good around the bridge and futher down anywhere ,would like to get away from the dam and try somewhere else. Any one got any info on the river to help. Catman47 [James]

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Congrats on your recent Ohio river success.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome to the BOC,James.:wink:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Welcome aboard.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Welcome to the BOC

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Welcome to the BOC man! I'm not from your area but I'm sure somebody will chime in to help ya. Also, you may want to try your state fishing forum. It might help your question get answered a little more quickly.

7. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    i caught a 58 lb blue under that brige once. There are tons of humps and deep water from the brige up. Plus down is a warm water discharge in tell city caught some big one there too.

8. catman47

catman47 New Member

State:
    ky
    hey man thanks, i will give it a few wet lines when i go back up there james

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ohio river is up and coming blue fishery thanks to west virginia for stocking them rick

10. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    James Welcome to the BOC! I fish the Ohio in the Pike Island Pool, just north of Wheeling, WV. Good luck on your quest for big Blues!

11. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    there is great fishing from cannelton dam all the way to lewisport. just have to try diff spots. cant give ya my special ones but if u look around u will find some dep holes and structure. hope to c u at the tourny in cannelton jan 18th. i got 1st place in cannelton in october tourny and i also won big fish and my big fish didnt come from the dam. dnt get me wrong i caught a 27 up there but then the bites just shut off. everyone at the tourny was at the dam and after 4 hrs without a hit we left. we went on down river and landed a 10 and a 35 pound blue. there is fish everywhere in hawesville. my pb 48 came from lewisport area. the fish in my pic is 35 from hawesville. thats the hawesville bridge in the back ground

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC James! rollo

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome Brother

14. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member