Catfishing the Missouri River - I wanna catch me a big boy

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by latnldy30, Aug 11, 2006.

1. latnldy30

latnldy30 New Member

State:
    Mo
    What are the hot spots in the Mo river?

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Not real sure about the river Lady because I fish the lake...but I wanted to welcome you to the BOC Family.:big_smile: I am sure someone will be along soon to help you out with the info you need.:wink:

3. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Missouri River is 2540 miles long. You might get better responses if you narrow it down a bit by saying what area you are talking about.

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where to fish???.....Well it all depends on what species of cat you want to catch! Channel cats fish mud flats with anything that stinks! Blues like the faster water along the channel and above the wing dykes in the scour holes! Flatheads...well they are lasy and want slower water behind the wing dykes! Use live bait for flatheads ( bluegill, perch, creek chubs....etc anything alive you will have your best luck with) Blues ( cut bait, not saying they won't take live bait but I Have had my best luck with cut shad, skipjack, and mooneye...Asian carp work good too cut up) Channel cats use dip bait cut shad and nightcrawlers work good too! When fishing for blues on the channel side look for up and down bottoms on the channel crossings! Blue cats are my favorite to go after although I am new to the sport! I think I am starting to figure them out! I have fished for flatheads all my life and they seem to be a little bit harder to come across! Good luck and I hope this is a start! Maybe everyone else will add to this for you! Welcome to the BOC!

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From one sister to the next! A big welcome!!!---------------:big_smile:

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Will you be bank fishing or in a boat? If your on the bank find your self a nice sandbar behind a dyke and fan some baits out some as far as you can cast and some not so far.