Catfishing the Grand River

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by bigmac, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bigmac

bigmac New Member

State:
    OK
    i just drove over the hw 412 bridge where it crosses the Grand River and noticed it didn't have any ice on
    Ive fished there alot for sand bass but i have never fished it for cats .I was thinkin about tryin it this Friday and was wonderin if anyone has ever had much luck there landing any big blues. I think the place is called Chouteau Bend. If anyone has had any luck out there or has any suggestion of fishing north or south of the bridge i'd love to know. thanks

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I've drift fished from there to the railroad trestle down past Mazie and also put out jugs. Had decent luck with all three species of cat but no bruisers. Mostly 10# or less but have seen some BIG ones taken on trotlines in the area a few years ago.

3. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have to drive to Fayetteville from time to time and it looks really good. I've wondered the same thing, it looks like it would be a good area. I've never fished it yet but will one day.

4. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    The low water dam is a good place to fish also. I have never been to it gut i have heard a lot about it.

Foggy :glasses-cool:

5. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I've driven over the same spot myself many times and wondered the same thing.

Where would be the best place tp launch the boat to fish this area?

I may have to go down there and give it a try, it looks like it would be a senic cruise even if I don't catch any fish.

6. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    You can put in at Chouteau Bend resort just west of the bridge. The fishing is good. Fish the log jams along the banks all the way down to the main lake.

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There will be a few blues and some channels in that section of river right now. Most are downstream in the lake right now....waiting a few more months they will be heading upstream for the spawn.

8. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

I've always done well at Chouteau Bend.....