Catfishing Seminar IDNR

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catsrking, Sep 11, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    For those who have not heard & may be interested, the Iowa Dept of Natural Resources is putting on a catfishing seminar @ Yellow Banks (out by Pleasant Hill) on 20 Sep 07. It was going to be 13 Sep, but was postponed do to high water levels. Cost is $5.00 and you can register by calling 515-323-5359. I'll be there, so maybe will see some of you.

2. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the info. What part of the state is it located? I'm near Washington in Southeast Iowa.

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Central. Yellow Banks is just a couple of miles east of Des Moines, near the Des Moines river by the Pleasant Hill area. The session is from 6-9pm.

4. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you for the information

5. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    ill see whats going on i would like to go up to that what all do they go over

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    "Clarification:" This catfishing class was put on by Polk County Conservation Officers. I had misquoted by saying it was being presented by the Iowa DNR. Anyway, went to it last night and it was good. Good turnout of folks that were interested to learn. It was a basic learning class, the first of it's kind with more to come. Got to speak with the two officers that conducted the session. They were quite knowledgeable, patient and did a fine job. I'd have to give them an "A" for their preparation and presentation.

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry I did not catch your message earlier Jon. This was a beginner catfishing "how to" session if you will. The officers provided basic info on catfish & the different species characteristics, tackle & rigs, equipment, different types of baits, presentation, safety and did a fine job of mentoring the group. Good stuff, definately worth the time even if just as a refresher. I was told that this was the first class, but should be more coming in the future.

8. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    kool let me know i ll try to grt to the next one