Catfishing season opener

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by copycat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Today, Big George and I got out on our first day of the 2007 fishing season. The wind was hard (20+ MPH) out of the west on the Delaware river and the first rip tide was not productive probably due to the wind against tide conditions, very tough to keep the boat positioned. So we left the main river and headed for Racoon creek, a feeder to the much larger Delaware river. The surface water temps varied between 45-50 degrees. We tossed a lot of different baits at them but were not very successful today. We had a few good runs and George boated several channels. With all that said I must say that we both had a great day just being out there and takin it all in. George is always totally prepared for a great, safe day on the water. Here are a few pictures of the day and the first one shows George's intimate love for catfish:lol:LOL.

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Oh My Gosh!!! That first pic is gonna give me nightmares! :lol:

Congrats to you 2!!! Thats some nice channels.Thanks for sharing.I wish I could get out but it looks like it'll be a while before I'm able to fish.Keep us posted of your and Big 'G' fishing trips!!! BTW,good to see you!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Look at them whiskers!!

The catfish has some nice ones too!! :lol:

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Not bad for the first trip of the season.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    That is one ugly dude LOL, hey at least you caught something. BG did you tell your wife :big_smile:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As usual fishin with Tom is a "HOOT". It started out real ugly. Like he said wind and tide against each other makes for a rough anchor and wet travelin on the river. It was touch and go for a bit but my record is in tact. What record you say. I've never been skunked on the delaware or its feeder creeks. Can't say the same for the other fisherman on the vessel. LOL!

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good to see you boys got some fishing in, all my fishing holes are still iced over.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Just being out there on the water, & fishing, is what it's all about :wink: , thanks Tom for sharing those photos Buddy!
    :0a31:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Great pics glad you had a great time:cool2:

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    George filed the points off my hooks:roll_eyes:

George's favorite song of all time is "Muskrat Love", he kept humming that awful song all day......lol:lol:

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Same here George but in order to keep that streak alive I have to switch to less desirable species like you know what LOL But other wise Im glad ya got some fish. It seems as though alot of the channels here are spawning already. I hope the fishing only gets better from here for you Guys

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now that surprises me... I woulda been sure it was "Woke Up With Wood" or maybe "Cheap Sunglasses":lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Two things that are essential to life is WD 40 and duct tape. If it moves and it isn't supposed to use the duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's supposed to use the WD 40.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks for the pics Tom, and Big George is a good looking fellow. :lol: