Catfishing rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Creaz93, May 19, 2008.

1. Creaz93

Creaz93 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm looking to buy a somewhat inexpensive good spinning rod for flatheads/blues. I'm thinking about an Ugly Stik H or MH catfish rods.

Any suggestions would be aprecciated. Thanks.:big_smile:

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Check out a catfish safari rod. There not to bad of price for a good rod for big blues and flatheads.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    CHECK OUT THE CAT CLAW NOT BAD FOR AROUND 20.00

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    There is many choices out there. Catfish Safari, CatMaxx, Ugly Sticks, etc. Check out the Catfish Connection Catalog. http://www...................com

:0a26::0a18:

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    some reason it's not allowing me to show the link. just do a yahoo seach for the Catfish Connection website..

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES OUT THERE AND DEPENDING ON HOW DEEP YOUR POCKET BOOK IS , THAT IS THE CHOICE YOU MAKE 20.00 TO 250.00 THEN YOU DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT , WE ALL CAN TELL YOU ONE THING OR ANOTHER BUT THAT IS THE CHOICE THAT WE HAVE MADE AND THAT MIGHT NOT BE WHAT YOU LIKE I HAVE 14 DIFFERANT RODS AND I LIKE ALL OF THEM BECAUSE EACH HAS A DIFFERANT USE GOOD LUCK ON MAKING YOUR CHOICE:smile2:

7. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I have one of the Ugly cat M\H rods with an Abu 6000 on it. I like it I have caught several 20s on it with no problem. But it will be a matter of opinion. You may go get one and not like it or find it not suitable for your needs. I fish in lakes so if you river fish you may not like it. I guess its a lot of trial and error.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The Jeff Arrington Signature Series by Skipper Rods is my favorite.

9. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Throughout the fishing year I use about 12 different setups and each one has a different rod just use what feels best to you.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I like the longer king kats from cabelas.

11. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They will all catch fish so just think about what size and weight of the fish you wish to target with your new rod and reel set up.

12. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd recomend Catfish Safari Rods. I've recently caught my PB Blue Cat in Current. My new Safari Rod did great. My father-in-law fowl hooked about a 65 lb. Spoonbill with the Safari Rod. This rod had no problem bringing him in. Just remember a cheaper rod may work for now...maybe forever...you get what you pay for. I purchased a couple of cheaper rods last year and I wish I hadn't. Hope this helps.

13. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    My PB Blue was a 42 lbs. That might help.

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    catfish safari is the way to go:wink: