Catfishing Rigs

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Addicted2Cats, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Hey, Im reletavly new to catfishing rigs and keep hearing of different rigs. I have a friend that fishes live bait with two floats, leaders, sinkers, beads and it all seems complicated to me for the humble catfish. I have also heared of fish-finding rigs, slip rigs and hair rigs. Could someone please break it down for me? :confused: I bet Im not the only one a bit confused by all these different styles of fishing! And btw, I am going to be concentrating on shovelheads and blues in small to medium sized ponds (stocked).

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Max first of all welcome to the BOC second where in Ohio are you and third what kind of Rigs do you need explained

3. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    I live/fish north of cincy and would like for someone to explain the float rigs and slip rigs and what else works for live/cut bait for shovels and blues.

4. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    I was also wondering what a fish-finder rig was.

5. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I use Slip wieght then a swewal with about a 24in leader before my bait hope this helps

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Fish finding rigs originated, I believe, in salt water but was quickly adapted for catfish. The enclosed picture is a diagram as to how it would look. To get more info rigs, http://www.flfish.com/how_to/Btmfshng.htm is a good starting place.

Attached Files:

7. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    first off welcome to the BOC! we're glad to have you here! we have something here called the BOC Library. Which has TONS of useful articles on almost everything you could want or need. click here http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50475#post50475 and check it out..there are several articles on different riggings.

8. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Thanks a lot guys! Maby I'll get to try some of those out this weekend :)

9. bluecatmaster

bluecatmaster New Member

State:
    oh
    hey my name is travis im 16 i like to fish ******** i have never fished a river i would really love to though my favorite lakes here in cin are catfishermans paradise,lake cozy-dale,lake monroe,are my favorie lakes:cool:

10. bluecatmaster

bluecatmaster New Member

State:
    oh
    the biggest i caught was a 7 ibs channel,10 ibs flat no blues yet :crying:

11. bluecatmaster

bluecatmaster New Member

State:
    oh
    i like fishing for big trophy cats but never really cauhgt anything over 10ibs