Catfishing Reports

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MSgtCatfish, Jun 4, 2008.

1. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anybody doing any good out there in Bama land? Any big cats being landed?

2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Well they have slowed down a little bit because of the spawn and over here on my home water the guntersville dam is not running no water but I'am still catching some 20 to 30lbs...

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    the lower alabama and mobile rivers are slow due to the river rise

4. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Coosa River North. Blues are tight lipped and picky. The spawn has set in full force and it seems the majority went on spawn at the same time this year. Flatheads are still about but don't seem to be biting as well as usual this time of year. We have huge shad populations this year, probably because of last years lack of rainfall. So the cats should be able to skip a year in the growth cycle due to increased abundance of forage. No skinny kittys this year.

5. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    Went today below Wilson dam,, brought home 11 ,,, 10 channels and 1 blue threw a couple of small ones back, 1 channel 8 lbs 5 oz, didn't see any yellowtails for bait, saw a few big gizzard shad, used rooster liver drifting, lots of skipjack but didn't try any cut bait.did bring home 49 bluegills caught on crickets, my brother in law was with me and my son, and bless his heart if my BIL doesn't catch some bream then he doesn't think he's been fishing. take care all