Catfishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by decker, Jun 17, 2006.

1. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    So is anybody catching anything out there??

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have been skunked the last 3 times out, gonna try tomorrow, I think they started to spawn early this year and thats why I didn't catch any.

Aaron

TA2D

3. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have been hammerin the 3-5 lb channels at the local interstate pond. Awesome fun for the kids, (and me):big_smile:

4. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Anybody catching anything around the Lincoln area??

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey TA2D maybe you just need you old fishing partner with you. Remember him, he's bald and very pale, and you haven't seen him since January. :crazy:
    Oh lord...............Less then two months:big_smile:

SudDawg

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I MISS YOU MAN!!! I think that this is my problem, I haven't had any luck since I saw the ol' man with the big flathead... maybe its a curse?

Aaron

TA2D

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    we just caught three last saturday night, well the first 2 on bait then the third one was kinda funny, we saw this bobber out in the middle of the pond/lake and the line was broke but the bobber was still on. so me and my dad got a trebble hook and casted out to snag it. first cast we snagged the line and started to reel. when we reeled it in there was moss everywhere but i could hear the unmistakable croak of the channel catfish and when we got the moss off and weighed it it turned out to be about 1 pound so it was a good day. we caugh a 7 1/2 pounder, a 1 pounder, and then the three so it was good

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good fishin Wil, I hope that we can fish together and I can get you on some flatheads!

Aaron

TA2D

9. craigr

craigr New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We had 4 of us in a boat drifting Wherspan in Omaha last Sunday morning.

We were drifting worms, Chicken & Turkey Livers & Cutbait. 3 of them caught a few small ones, I caught none. (must not have been holding my mouth right).

The Sunday before, my wife and I caught around 7 nice cats, too big to fit the pan.

I may give it another try this coming Sunday.

craigr

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya lets hope, haha sounds like a lot of fun to me

11. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    I am moving back to NE. in a week, I live in the Fremont area, and I am wanting to know how the fishing is goin, if anybody has been to the Platte or Elkhorn rivers lately. If anybody has, is there any luck as of yet, and whats the bait of choice lately. I havent done any catfishing in about 4 years, so I could use the help. Thanks Y'all.

Jake

12. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    nailed a couple 2 to 3 pounders on the elkhorn river using crawdads, tried some livers, chicken and beef, all they brought were little ass bait stealers, goin again soon, will let you all know how it goes

Jake

13. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    June and July have been pretty good to me around Omaha. Been catching most of my nice fish right around town. No need to leave, but I'm really tempted to get down the Branched Oak again. GF out of town this week. Gonna hit it hard this week!!
    :big_smile:

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Catch some of those Branched Oak flatties for me Steve.

SudDawg