Catfishing Red River at Clarksville, TN

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by vaccouple, Sep 27, 2008.

1. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I went only for about hour tonight down on the red river caught 3 good eatin size 2 on chicken liver and 1 on danny king. Going to go in the morning again I will post then.

Orrin

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great location for fishing. I have had huge success fishing right at the river interesection behind Hooters!! Never worry much about something to take along to eat either!

3. CatfishRookie1

CatfishRookie1 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Hey Hilljack can you let me know where you set up. I would like to try going there, I only have means for bank fishing right now though.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    he dont know he never gets past hooters :smile2:

5. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Daryl he is going to the end of parking lot behind kickers bar right at the corner you will see a dirt path that you can drive down about 100 feet long park and walk over the edge down the hill. Me I go next to the waffle house most of the time you can park right in front of a pole and a fire h. to the left of waffle house and their is a path in the weeds and go staight down to the river there is a tree lying down on the bank i set up right next to it on the left and throw out little to the left and staight out .

Orrin

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is exactly where I am talking about. This is some excellent fishing. You will want to cast away from the red river and try to get your bait in the main channel of the cumberland. It will then drift down into the mouth of the intersection and that is where the cats are hanging out!! I have never been skunked at this location!

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Guys, Daryl and I work in the same office here at Fort Campbell. Don't let him fool ya, he's the fishing king and he can throw a cast net like he invented them. LOL

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Have you had any luck bank fishing the red??

Whistler, I had no idea you worked on Fort Campbell! Where you working at.

9. Whistler

State:
    TN
    We work for a contractor at the airfield. On the 160th side. Bob(Kittycatcher) works with us as well.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the good info. I will look you guys up once we get back. Its getting very close for us so you had best catch all the fish you can. I will be on the water all winter!!:smile2:

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    sounds like a good place to fish

12. Whistler

State:
    TN
    If you do fish the Red River in a boat, be very careful. Right now with the river so low it's not a matter of if you'll hit a stump, it's for sure it's gonna happen. Idle speeds and you won't get hurt, but any faster and a new lower unit is in your future. I've seen boats going up and down that little river full throttle and I don't know how they get away with it. I think this river ought to be a great flathead river. It's absolutely full of lumber and log jams. I've been up as far as I24 and it's about 15 to 20 foot deep the whole way, at least the last time I was in there, couple of years ago. I don't think it gets much catfish pressure. Tons of bass fishing though.

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think I will give the red a try. It looks like a good stretch and it should be easier to isolate the fish

14. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Whistler it looks like the river is so low it woud be impossible to get past the R.R bridge that crosses there at 79.But then I havent been that far up the red river.Really i have been afriaid of loosing a lower unit.:cool2:

15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the red river update!!

16. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Just gotta go slow and be patient. Lot's of channel cats in there. Like I said, it's been a few years since I went in there. But it's doable.

17. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Yeah the Red river is a very nice place to catch cats. But beaware of the bass boats. Their is alot of bass boats that run up and down there. And we all know that most don't care to slow down.

18. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Danny are you catching any fish or what?? Take care brother, hope all is well back home

19. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey hilljack, well no I am not catching any. I know go ahead talk smack. lol. I am having issue's with my boat. I am continueing to work on the motor. I am thinking I got a carb issue. So hopefully I can get it soon. I am still waiting on the skips to start running well. So hopefully soon. But not much longer and I will so you the cumberland and give lessons. lol enjoy see you soon.