Catfishing question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Localhero813, Jun 2, 2007.

  1. Localhero813

    Localhero813 New Member

    Messages:
    94
    State:
    Missouri
    whats best. on the bottom or on a bobber?
     
  2. BIG GEORGE

    BIG GEORGE New Member

    Messages:
    10,362
    State:
    JOISY
    I like on the bottom with a pin float suspendin the bait. I also like a slip float rig if ya are targeting suspended fish. The list goes on and on. Situations dictate what ya should use. Know your enemy. LOL!
     

  3. catfisherman60

    catfisherman60 New Member

    Messages:
    1,348
    State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I fish on bottom with 2 hooks 3 feet apart.works will for me.:big_smile:
     
  4. ozzy

    ozzy New Member

    Messages:
    3,936
    State:
    Lost Wages
    Carolina rig on the bottom for me.
     
  5. shania

    shania New Member

    Messages:
    5,942
    State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Daytona,

    80% of the time I'm doing my cattin' with a "Carolina Rig" & the other 20% is under a "Slip Float"
    But to anwser your question:
    "Both Ways Are Fine" & "Have There Own Time & Place". :wink:
    :0a23:
    :0a26:

    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2:& Shania:0010:

    :worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"
     
  6. CJ21

    CJ21 New Member

    Messages:
    4,303
    State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Both rigs work, but 90% of the time I use a slip float rig. I just love seeing that float go under.
     
  7. channelman

    channelman New Member

    Messages:
    165
    State:
    Linn Kansas
    When I fish I usually have several pole in the water. I always put 2 on the bottom and fish 1 on a bobber/slopfloat, that way the fish can tell you how they want it. Can't go wrong covering all your bases!
     
  8. Netmanjack

    Netmanjack New Member

    Messages:
    3,734
    State:
    Ohio
    I have been having a lot of success with a three way rig, it stays put on the bottom, but the fish can be placed as high or low as you want it. Like Big George said; Situations dictate what ya should use. :cool2:
     
  9. JMarrs328

    JMarrs328 New Member

    Messages:
    471
    State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I typically fish on the bottom. In a river, i don't feel that the bobber gives the cats enough time to find the bait.
     
  10. okiejc

    okiejc New Member

    Messages:
    26
    State:
    Oklahoma
    I usually fish on the bottom with a carolina rig. There is one place where I fish with a bobber. It is under a bridge with alot of big rocks. I have tried on the bottom, but get hung up almost every time. The catfish there can be caught around the rocks with a bobber. Most of the time less than 5 feet from the edge of the water.
    Anyone else done the same thing?
     
  11. bigcat_chaser

    bigcat_chaser New Member

    Messages:
    354
    State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I typically fish slightly above the bottom when on the boat, or on the bottom when from shore but as was mentioned earlier just kinda depends on the conditions when I find out where they are thats where I fish, sometimes that is slightly suspended, sometimes on bottom etc...
     
  12. Localhero813

    Localhero813 New Member

    Messages:
    94
    State:
    Missouri
    thanks to all that helps alot:big_smile: