Catfishing-Quantity or Quality

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TXBlueHunter, Feb 1, 2006.

1. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Just curious how everyone feels about Quantity vs. Quality. Would you prefer to limit out while fishing or do you like to sit for hours waiting on that one hog for the night?

I like to limit out, but it has been so long since that has happened I forget what it is like. I just cannot sit and wait all night for that one fish. I like the rods rocking when I am out.

How about you?

2. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i would like the hog. i like that adrenaline rush when that cat emerges for the first time or when you set the hook and it feels like a snag, then your drag takes off.
    defenitley a hog.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I want the one big fish, I would wait all year for just that one special fish, rather than catch 100's of small fry;)

4. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I definantly prefer that hog to. I can sit all night and then some and when that big one comes along it makes it all worth the time.:)

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Tim I'm with ya Bro. I like to catch fish..... If I'm luckey enough to hang a hog then all the better... Really, I like to just get out there and enjoy the day / night.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I like both. I'll usually keep 3 rods out rigged for bigger fish and one out with nightcrawlers or smaller cut bait. Playing with the drums, carp or dinks that mess with the small pole keeps me occupied waiting on a big one to come along. If I could pick 'em, though, I'd take the one 50# over the 10 5#s any day...:)

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    My take on quality is 20#- 25# range. Anything bigger goes back CPR. In the 5#-10# range I keep maybe 12 for table fair. If I have plenty in the freezer, I will look for one of the Big boys, but I don't want to take a chance on needlessly killing a 30# plus fish.

When I see a photo from any lake with 30-40 fish, all or most over 30# it almost (but not quite) makes me wish we had limits. :eek:a28:

8. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    IMO i'd like to sit there and just fish, Don't matter if i catch any thing or not as long as i have my wife and daughter along side me and we are having a good time. if we are lucky enough to catch fish i would rather take the under 5#er's. release the Hogs kenny

9. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I'll take whatever feels like bitin the hook! Just the thought of being out there with "that" chance is good enough for me.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

I'm the same way - "if that hog comes - it comes".

If it dosen't - it not the end of the world - it's all about getting out there after a week of work & stress for me. :)
    :0a23:

Take it Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I am with you I like to catch fish! If the hog hits (someday I hope) thats fine.
    Bill:)

12. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll take what I can get. I don't trophy fish so I'm just lookin' for eaters. If the big one comes by I would take a pic and throw him back.

13. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Every time I go out we are looking for a big one,but as long as it bends the rod I am good:)

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree with Jack i will sit there all year without a bite hoping to get that big one

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i am always just looking for the next world record...lol

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I think each time out Im in a different mood, sometimes Im quite content waiting for a big fish and no bites all night is ok, other times I just want to catch fish, just depends on my mood that night, I think if I was by myself, I would prefer the smaller more active bite to keep me busy, but if I was with a group of buddies all talking smack and keeping me company, Im content that someone in the group gets a big fish that night and Im happy.

Salmonid

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Mark we better catch something tomorrow, maybe a 20 pound channel;) just kidding i just want to catch some fish

18. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I would take the hog hands down. I don't really like to eat fish too much so, I only fish for hogs. I have no problem sitting out all night.

19. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    I fish to relax.I will keep two poles out for smaller fish and one will be baited for any bruiser that wants to give me a challenge.Most fish are thanked for taking my bait and returned to their home.I will keep a supply in the freezer for eating,and if I'm with someone who wants some for his personal use,I'll give him my catch.
    I still have to get a cheap digital camera for taking pictures of the day.Right now I have only the memories in my mind of those released.
    Mostly a good day on the water,good company,interesting scenery and watching wildlife are the premium reason for going out.A few fish does'nt hurt also.

BILL

20. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

State:
    Homer City
    I feel that the quality of time spent fishing is satisifing enough. I never worry about limiting out, for the action of the catching, is enough. If 'Mr. Big' happens to bite, so much the better.