CATFISHING OUT OF STATE ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Do you, or have you, ever CATFISHED OUT OF STATE?
    With the Prices of Non-Residence fishing Licenses costing so much I would think that many people would not want to fish out of state.
    Some Rivers are Know for their BIG fish, and maybe some people think it is worth it to chase BIG CATFISH in other states.
    Does any BOC member fish in or on a River System where they need a fishing license from two states. I would consider that CATFISHING OUT OF STATE. How about you?

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi John,
    Yes, I use two state licenses,, I'm a resident of AZ, and buy my combo hunt/fish, with 2 pole stamp, CO river stamp for CA&,NV.
    Also, I purchased a Non-Resident CA fishing license, w/ 2 pole stamp.. as I fish the back waters and canals, a lot, which aren't included in the CO river stamp...
    W/ all of that, I'm real close to $200.00 in licenses..stamps, and tags...:0a14:

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Some years I will have fishing licenses for GA, AL, TN, IN, MI and SC! :crazy:

Gets expensive though!

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I buy a KY. and a TN. license, total cost for both is $61.00. Not a bad price for all the fishing waters available with the 2 licenses,

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Oh yeah, I do all the time. I fish alot in Iowa. It doesn't bother me too much to pay the non-res fees. They are cheaper than a ticket!

6. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have two out of state yearly fishing licenses. I live on the Illinois/Indiana state line and I fish over in Indiana quite a bit. I also take several fishing trips a year to Kentucky.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    most states offer trip licenses for 1 to 3 day trips alot cheaper than a yearly non-resident license costs.

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i live in tn and use to camp in miss .i would have to buy a 3 day licence when i was there real high to

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I just returned from Arkansas and i could have purchased a yearlong non-resident license and it would still have been CHEAPER THAN MY RESIDENT CALIFORNIA LICENSE WAS!!!!:angry:

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I have a resident Arkansas license and a non-resident yearly Oklahoma license. Sometimes I might make the 1 1/2 hour trip over to Grand lake instead of the same trip down to a spot in the Arkansas river I fish. My thinking is, even though the Oklahoma license is about 30something dollars, I save that much in gas if I go to Oklahoma once and have a good trip instead of running all over Arkansas and not having a good trip. It is all relative if you ask me. I also will have a yearly Canadian license to fish up there several times this summer for walleye and smallmouth. I have had that license for the past 15 years.
    hope this helps.

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I believe most of the rivers that split the border of states have special rules that let you fish the main body of water with either license or both if you want. i bought an out of state mo license a couple years ago thinking id go again and didnt so next time it will be a one time pass license.

12. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    YES, I buy two licenses. I live strait up to close to the border (NY and PA) and my options are limited with only my resident PA license. But I suppose If I ONLY catfished this wouldn't be SUCH a big deal. Catfish around are not found in every creek, lake, reservoir or river (Well channel cats aren't at least Bullheads are found Nearly everywhere)... For sure the best catfish bite is in PA and is better the further south you get.

NO. I picked up the second license because for fishing for them tasty bait (calico, perch) by far the best waters is in the state next door. Why IceFish in the frigid cold for a few lethargic walleye when you literally can be filling you freezer with the tastiest fish there is???:wink:

But I can SEE a hidden benefit to learning about Catfish in SE NY. where there's BOC brethren everywhere in PA. Ny is stunningly quiet. even its Hall of fame is empty. (well Until I submit my first NY caught channel:wink:).

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I always have my KY license and usually get an annual OH non-resident. I'll be getting an annual WV license this year. I like having the option to fish the entire tri-state area. OH & WV you can use game fish for bait, not in KY though...:sad2:

14. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    If things work out this year I'm hoping to be able to fish the James River in Virginia. Got relatives that we're going to try to visit this year, can't think of a better reason to make the trip for a shot at one of the monster blues up there.

15. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I always have a resident Kansas and non-resident MO, gives me hundreds of miles of missouri river options, plus, Lake of the Ozarks and Truman, not too many lakes in Kansas have big blues, and who don't like big blues?:tounge_out: