Catfishing? Or Bowhunting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 18, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love the late fall time because most give up when the cool down starts. Or, they would rather start hunting! Would you rather keep cattin or hunt? I enjoy fishing much more than hunting so I usually stick out fishing. Probably why I don't kill much! Time spent either way usually pays off! There is often some great catting to be done later than one thinks! So how do you roll??? rollo

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    A few years ago i would have to say Bowhunting. Since I got into this Flathead game though Its a sickness. I love cattin man and im still gonna hunt but to me theres nothing better than settin into a big ole Flat.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i have to say flatheads, and it was given a huge push in that direction when i sold my bow.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I plan on doing some more fishing this fall. I don't bow hunt any more, so I'll still have time for some fishing. One of the big pluses of fishing in the fall is even less boats and jet skies on the main lake.

5. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish.I hunt-life is good-Flathead fishing and bow hunting are a good deal alike.It takes patience for both but ya gotta be in the right spot at the right time to whack either one.I'm hitting Dillon tomorrow for channels and maybe test the crappie bite.It will probably be a little stronger than the flathead bite-I haven't been out for about two weeks-water temp has to be in low fifties by now-I would love t see it warm back up and get into the sixties to give it one more try in the Muskingum.Good fishing(and hunting)be safe.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I quit hunting several years ago, so it is fishing for me.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I tend to hang out in the woods more till the rut fizzles out. Fishin or huntin,,,it's all good.

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I like hunting...alot. However, your title lists bowhunting. While I do have a nice browning bow that I have had for many years, I am basically too lazy to use it anymore.:big_smile:

That being said, I would still prefer catching some nice cats.

I save my hunting for Deer gun/muzzle season, and possibly some squirrel and rabbit. By that time it's usually cold enough that I don't much want to be out on the water.:big_smile:

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    HHHHHMMMMMMMMM rollo you make this so damn hard on us country boys I vote
    BOWFISHING best of both worlds no cammo needed lol its a tuffy

10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Great answer! I love catfishin & bowhunting but cannot walk very good anymore. But I would like to be bowhunting during the winter than fishin. What can I say...I am a serious carnivore!

11. bowman732000

bowman732000 Member

State:
    south park pa.
    well most times its all archery for me this time of the year.but yesterday mouring i could not pass up a good 9 pointer, so i sent a slick trick though both lungs.now im done hunting for this year,time to get the rods back out.anyone still catching any flats?come on ice just love ice fishing.

12. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Don't do any bow hunt really so i pretty much stick with fishing year round. I've got some flats pretty late in the year too but i usually just go for blues on the ohio throughout the winter.

13. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    oooh ultimate meat thats what im talkin about

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I am right there with you Jason. I would rather be fishing. But I do love to bow hunt. I watch more deer than I shoot though. I really enjoy watching what they do and how they interact with each other. But if I have a chance to go fishing the mathews gets put away.
    Tom