Catfishing on tv..

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mhbomber, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Why is does it seem catfishing is almost never on tv? Catfishing is getting more and more popular and I would think that many people would be interested in watching it on tv. Tired of the same ol' bass shows....

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Some shows like Bill Dance and In-Fisherman have cat shows ever once in awhile. Thier far and few between though.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah I can see some to they shows they will be doing.........

Monster catfish on ultra light......lol

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

5. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    it probably has to do with money. a majority of fisherman in the U.S. bass and panfish so they show them shows the most to show and sell all the new lures to please the sponsors. just my opinion

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think it may have to do with the method in which they are fished.I guess they think people wont watch a show with people just sitting there with rods in the water waiting on the cats to bite.Dont know im just guessing.But id love to see a show with nothing but catfishing or even show some tournaments like they do the bass masters and things like that.

7. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    yes it is all about the money. Let Dupont or BASF come up with some fancy lure or line they want to push and they will sponsor a show. No one sponsors gills, gizzards and liver. Though through careful editing they could show just some monster blues and flats breaking the water and you won't be able to find a deep hole on a lake or river cover that is not surrounded by 30,000 dollar boats and yuppies.

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well, the people out there in TV land have 4 years to get it right, and if not by then, hold on to your hats, it's on like fatback on a hawg. Mark it down now, you read it here first.

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here is my thought on that. My brother was a true blue bass man, tournaments every week. I put him on some blues, not the small bass size variety, and he is now hooked. I also showed him the tornaments we can get into when I get back home. So he is ready. Gave up bait fishing he did.

Think about this you turn half those bass fishing guys into catfishermen, you arent going to sell many 40,000 dollar bass boats, line and lures. So why advertise it on TV?

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    It would be nice to see more catfishing on TV, but on the other hand, a part of me wants catfishing to stay like it is. It's a tight solid niche we have going, and I like it. Let the BASS guys have their glory if they want it. I don't want to see catfishing turn into the spectacle bass fishing has become, and I certainly don't ever want to see that knucklehead Mark Zona doing some kind of catfishing day on the lake show. And god forbid, if I ever hear mention of fantasy catfishing.....:eek:oooh:

Growth is good, if it's the right kind of growth. Glitz, glamour, popularity, and $$$ isn't always positive, b/c you forget your roots.