Catfishing on TV

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by AwShucks, Mar 19, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    8:00 CST on the Outdoors Channel (channel 250 on cable, I believe almost everywhere) is Bill Dance fishing for Mississippi Catfish. Course, after the Texas catfish, this will probably be a bait gathering trip. hehehhe

2. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    thanks for the heads up i set my tivo to record it,,,, tim

3. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    great thanks ill be great to have some catfishing to watch

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    It's raining here in Texas so watchingb the fishing shows are going to be my priority for now. I'll be watching Bill Dance catching them cats.

:)

5. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Is It Listed Under Bass Pro Shops Fishing On The Guide?

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Dave, had to go check... yes, that is it...

I have crossed the Trinity many, many times, but never wet a line.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I haven't fished the Trinity in a few years now as they say not to eat anything out of there, it just isn't the same anymore.
    Yes, when I used to fish there, I caught some nice ones from there, 12 to 15 pounders. Now I go to Granbury and fish the Brazos river when I get the chance, out by the dam.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Wooooweeee...watched the show and all I can say is I want to go to Memphis...guess I now have to be jealous of all you guys that get to fish that area....Don't know how many times I have drove over the 1-40 bridge and didn't even think of fishing there... impressive.

9. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    If That 62 Lber. Didn't Make You Want To Grab Your Poles And Hit The Water I Don't Know What Will. Those Were Some Really Nice Fish. Bill Is A Lucky Man. Wish I Could Fish There One Day.

10. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    thanks for the heads up. it was a good show. only a half hour though. them was some nice blues and i wrote down that spot so i can go there and try my luck at them big boys one day. we dont have them here in wv..

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I think the river below Corsicanna is still good to eat 'em, but up here near Dallas or Ft.Worth ya might snag a body but not a fish......

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Think you got it bad I have to drive about 30 miles to get there! Oh wait thats not bad is it? LOL Sorry just had to rub it in a little.

13. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    yea rip i didnt find one bit of humar in that comment. i have to drive over 400 miles to get there. but one day i will make it.

14. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Whats so bad is I have'nt been!..............Yet.LOL

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I fish the UNT research park "LLELA park" they tested the fish in the Elm fork of the Trinity and didnt come up with anything. Ive been eating the fish from there and havent barfed my guts up. But you arent spose to eat any gar from the trinity

16. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    foul i call foul . not really i congratulate everyone that lives near the miss or missouri rivers. oh by the way did any one get the name of the guide service ol bill used. i dont use guides but i would bet the farm he did.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It mentioned the guide service he was using... the guy fishing with him was the head one, I believe... AwShucks - all you had to do was put a pole in the water and instant catfish... showed the bait he was using in relation t the fishes mouth...I wish we had bait that big here ... but it was an impressive film.

18. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita

THE GUIDES NAME WAS JAMES PATTERSON. I CAN P.M. HIS SITE TO YOU IF YOU WANT IT. I AM NOT SURE IF I CAN POST IT HERE WITHOUT GETTING MY HANDS SLAPPED BY THE MODS. JUST LET ME KNOW GUYS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

19. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    On the arkansas side of the bridge is where that guy caught the 121 record blue cat, on spam and a zebco 33.