Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I've never fished the red river past the Louisiana line but I hear y'all have some whoppers below the lock and dams down there. Cut Shad is my bait of choice here. I caught mt biggest catfish (72 pounds) on March 17th here so they are certainly awake and alive in March. If you can find some strong current or a lock and dam that would be a plus. Wing dams are also good if there's current. Blue cats like current. If there's no current then i would slow troll with my baits just off the bottom. Good luck.

Billy, We need to quit talking about it and let's just do it! LOL I am going to Lake Tawakoni next weekend but after that I am open for the most part. I am going to WDM the weekend of Good Friday though. John

Billy, We need to quit talking about it and let's just do it! LOL I am going to Lake Tawakoni next weekend but after that I am open for the most part. I am going to WDM the weekend of Good Friday though. John
I'm just about worked up and in the mood John. LOL I just need a little more foreplay. As soon as the water and wind get right I'm ready. Tawak is a lot of fun if the wind ain't blowing too bad. WDM will have to wait for about June for me. We can fish the Red about mid March I'm hoping.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Yesterday (Monday) - My son and I ran some float lines on a little bayou which feeds off the Red River. It was a beautiful day but unfortunately the only thing we caught was a sunburn. The air temperature got up to around 70 degrees but the water temperature was only in the 50s so it was probably still a little to cool for the cats to be active...

Me an my wife caught 9 catfish well she caught 6 I caught 3 we each had one 32lbs that's two that weighs 32lbs she had an opp that was 14lbs couple that weighs 14lbs we caught them in red river on cut shad the big opp I caught a month are so ago don't know what it weighed

Attachments

We have been married 43 years and she has never went catfishing with me with rod and reel she always bream fishing but that day I didn't take a bream poll so she would have to catfish an man she had more fun than she has ever had fishing

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.