Catfishing On The Red River (Part III)

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ratherbracin, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    We Won! We Won!

Hello everybody! Oh man was the racing good last night. I got lucky right off the bat, drawing a low #, which started us on outside pole in our heat race. We won it. That put us in position, inside pole, for the feature race. That also put the other top cars right up there with us, and friends, it was a battle. But when the checker flag came down, it was ours, WE WON!!! This is our first feature win this season, and wow, it was sweet...

:big_smile:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Carry over from a 150+ page thread discussion

3. joebull515

joebull515 New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Louisiana
    Hello everyone Matt & I went out around 4:00 am this morning. Ran some jugs did some tight lining. Caught 2 keepers on R&R and 3 keepers on the jugs. The jugs never went more than a quarter mile from us because there was no current. Lloyd [Ducku] it was nice to meet you. The kittys just aren't biting. Anyone else having any luck?

4. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    Congrats Carmen. At least somebody is doing good at something!

5. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Way to go Carmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel so bad about the work hours I am putting in since no one is catching much. I am pretty much occupied with the whole pontoon boat thing right now. Kinda like a kid waiting for christmas, cept I gotta buy my own present!

6. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    seems like girls are wining everything.:sad2:

7. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    way to go carmen.:smile2:

8. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
  9. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Way to go Carmen!

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I'm fixin' to move my lines to my late summer set I don't think we are going to get much rain anytime soon. It's going to be a long summer if we don't get some rain.

11. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    you go girl! glad you won..one of these days we are gonna come watch. hey tony..if that pic of isaac comes out good will you email it to me so i can print it to show him off? thanks a million,...isaac loved those frogs!

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Alright Carmen,that is awesome.Congrats girl...

13. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I got on the river yesterday at 4PM. Luckily I made it to 12 Mile in one piece with all of the Ding-Dong on the water and caught Bream till 8PM. Met Lloyd, real nice feller. Moved up river to fish and they were still skiing at 8:45. I fished till after midnight catching several under-sized fish. Moved down river and baited up 150 hooks. I caught a Gar, 1 5Lb Op, and 1 4Lb Blue. Every hook was stripped so I went home at 3:15AM. Since the Redneck Tourny I have put 25-30 fish in the boat over 5Lbs but nothing over 8Lbs.

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Is the lock at the dam maned 24 hours a day.If you go through it about 6:00 can you come back through at midnight?

15. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Yes buddy it is manned 24 hrs a day.

16. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    Thank ya'll...

I simply don't have the words to express how much fun we're having on that dirt track. Win or lo... or not win, it's awesome.
    I would like to have ya'll come out and watch sometime. It's a good place to bring the kids,( just bring em' some earplugs cause it is loud ), with a huge sandbox, decent concession and such. No alcohol allowed.

Anyway, it's not like the fish are biting right now. It doesn't sound like anyone is having any luck. Tony, Eric and I sure didn't catch Friday night. Thank goodness frog season is in swing again or our camping trip would've been a bust.

Good luck to all the rednecks who are trying to kill the bunny...

17. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    i see we done filled up another thread!!! lol
    good luck to all the rednecks in the national tourney. i'm through. i got me a good one to submit. only a week and a half before i go back to mexico. i ain't done nothing but fish since i've been home. i better start workin' on them honeydos before this woman skins my head.:smile2:

18. joebull515

joebull515 New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Louisiana
    Congrats Carmen on the win. You are right about the fish not biting. alot more fish in my casting net. I had bream, ba$$, striper, goo, and gar in my net at one time. If anyone needs shad I caught all I needed in one cast of the net between the tug and barges underneath the Shreveport Barksdale
    bridge.

19. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well, I made it through the weekend without kill Eric or myself. That was a plus. Carmen was there for most of it to keep watch on us. When Eric is not playing right, she makes him go sit down for a time out.

I could have caught a lot more frogs if I would have had a motorman Friday night. I would get all stretched out and ready to catch a frog, and Eric would goose the motor and send me in at 20mph. I did miss the first one due to the rust on the old grading hand, the rest of the misses came at the hands (9 ½ fingers) of the motorman.

Got to go. See yall.

20. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Tony, I'm glad you and Eric like each other, it would be borrin if ya'll didn't.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.