Catfishing on the Red River (Part 8)

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by ladyfish50, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wow, Rev! I also am impressed by this declaration from you. Sorry the 'Boys haven't done well this year, but boy, those Saints have been awesome! I'll admit, we hadn't watched much football the past few years, but Carmen got us started watching it again. There've been some really good games so far!

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ty, I just wanted to say I am sorry about talking about your boys. I did not mean anything I said. I sure felt bad after reading your post. I mean you were so nice about it and all. Sorry from the bottom of my heart. Now if we have a Saint's SupperBowl Party, are you and Debbie going to come?????

3. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nice to meet you Mike. We have local tourneys here amoung our group. Well so far we have had two. They were warm up tourneys for when a man wins it, because so far both have been won by women. Roxie first and Carmen took the second one. Eric and Buddy may not be able to catch any fish, but they sure can guide well. :big_smile:

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Eric I see your online, give me a call when you can. I am through in the shed for the night and fixing to head to bed. Early day tomorrow.

5. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Part 8 huh!!! Man yall sure do talk a bunch!!!!:big_smile:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend!!!

26 down and 10 to go!!!! I'll be home for ya know it!!!

6. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    David Im waiting to hear how you did in your nets.
    Eric we are here waiting on ya so come on home.

7. badbob46

badbob46 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i heard thru the grapevine that reeves marine will be having another catfish tourney this march, first prize is a boat.. i ordered one of those 220 pound digital scales thru the BOC last week and it came yesterday, i am very impressed with it.. its extremely heavy duty , with lighted large numbers and it also has a temperature gage for those cold days out there perch fishing..lol, i have been wanting to get out on the river for a month now but one thing after another has kept me in dry dock, this weekend i am leavin town to see my mom, maybe next week i will get my chance, in the meantime i have been reorganizing tackle and and all my support goods, i have a big dry storage box in the boat that holds everything i can think of that i might need on the water, but it was total chaos in it, i boughta couple of duffle bags with all kinds of pockets and pouches in them and now i can actually find everything again.. i still havent installed the new speakers for the radio yet.. but thats coming soon and i also found a couple of rod holders on clearance at wally world, they are the flush mounted type for the front deck, they should make the perch fishin a lot easier.. happy new year to everyone,

8. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well I am still catching cats. Bob Cats that is. I had another nice tom this morning along with 1 coon. Yesterday I took 3 gray fox and a coyote. Michael went with me yesterday and we had a blast. He like catching the fox. I hope to maintain this line for the week and pull it on the New Years Eve or Day. Just have to see how it all works out. I will take some pics and show yall all the fur put up. It is cool looking put up.

9. porkchop401

porkchop401 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    These local tournaments that the ladies are winning, what are the requirements to fish one of these , are there different catagories for opps and blues? as for as a boat dealer putting on a tournament I am certainly interested in that? also do you folks go after opps with live bait ?If so what have your turned ?

10. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Hi Mike~! The only "requirement" is to have fun! That is it.

As for the opps...live bluegill! Love catchin opps...just dont get them that often.....i think they are purdy.

Where do you live? Near the red? We have an eatin meatin coming up soon....

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Welcome to the site Mike, The tournaments that are spoken of are kinda like friends (Local Rednecks) that just get together ta have a good time Kinda like a small Ba$$ club (Did I say that?) would have....Mostly just fun and fellowship.....Not the kind that would get cha a spot ta a national Catfish champship....(I.E. Ba$$ master classic) but a lotta fun and one heck of a trophy......a little cash and a whole lotta braggin right's just ask the Lady's ( Soon ta change) Far as the op's go ask the resident expert "Sarg"..... all the op's I catch are caught on either live shad or dead one's drifting.....I really don't target them (YET...) Once again Welcoome aboard........

12. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    soon to change thats forsure.

13. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Well I got to run my nets today, I thought they were catfish nets, not white perch nets, I almost cried when I had to let them all go. Water was ruff, and cold.

14. badbob46

badbob46 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    In the last 3 years i have landed over 60 ops on the red river. all on rod and reel. only one bit live bait, all the rest took fresh shad heads.. the one on live bait took an 8 inch live shad,he weighed 45 pounds.. theres a lot of ops in the red river to be sure.. but for whatever reason , i hardly ever catch any of them north of the jimmy davis bridge ..but thats not to say they arent up here because the state record came right here in town by the railroad bridge and i believe the big one sgt rob got on trotline earlier this year was north of town too....

15. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Badbob you stand corrected. Rob caught that big op in Plain Dealing La north of the Hwy 2 bridge. It came out of the deep hole at the power line just south of the horseshoe lake on the west side of the river. The water had and eddie right there so Rob had to run his line up stream. He was baiting with 2 lbs Hybrid German worms on a 12 alt gartor hook fishing in the deepest part of the hole. 5-10 foot of water. He tied off to that big stump that use to be at the end of the eddie and he anchored the line with a 350 engine block.(little trick I showed him for them biggens) He used the 327 heads for the center weights as it took to of them cause he was running 150 hooks on one line. It is a long eddie. I would have helped him, but do you know how long it took him to put all those German worms on? Plus they were still mad about the break up of the USSR and the fall of the Burlin wall. :big_smile:

16. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Okay I told Eric I would put some pics of the fur up, so here is what it looks like when it is ready for sale. I finished all the coons that Eric and I caught on the river back in Nov. I have taken all of the fox in the past week and half after getting myself lined out on what I was suppose to be doing.

Attached Files:

17. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Here are some more. I took another good tom today. He was a nice one too.

Attached Files:

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wow, Tony, those hides really do look nice all cleaned up & hanging. You guys do good work! I'm impressed!

19. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    so what does that shed smell like? fur?

those are real purdy....sure wish i had a fur coat......sure would be nice to have a fur coat...nice ..warm....fuzzy.....

20. porkchop401

porkchop401 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I live next to the Ouchita River but I work at a lock and dam on the red , I was raised on the Red near Colfax , I love fishing the red but talking my self in to driving back over to it to fish after going to work all week is somthing that I am reluctant to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.