Catfishing on the Red River (Part 7)

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by wareagle, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I went last night and did I get wet. The bowfishing was good last night in the rain and I just got threw cleaning them.

2. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    We fished for a couple of hours, moved twice and caught NADA. We didn't even get a good hit. There is some current. Maybe I need to take up bowfishing. What did you end up with Dewayne?

3. badbob46

badbob46 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    we left out of teague this morning about 630.. we were goin south, but only got about half a mile when we saw some bass schooling and chasing shad, so we stopped and dropped the trolling motor thinking we would catch us a few bass before goin after the kitty cats.. well, before we left there we had about12 white bass and a couple black bass, , they slowed down about 830 so we headed south again,, we went to 2 spots and could not get a bite, so we decided to go back to the first place where we caught the bass , when we got there the action was nonstop.. we caught more white bass, more black bass, some yellow bass and a bunch of channel cats.. nothing real big.. several of the whites went over 2 pounds and we had one black bass almost 3 pounds.. the cats ranged from a pound to about 2 pounds.. the total fish for the morning was 38.. we quit at 1230..except for the first few white bas of the morning everything we caught came on cut shad, including all of the black bass.. black bass aint special just cuz they will bite a lure.. they wil bite a nasty old cut bait just like a slimy ole catfish...lol:lol:

4. dnrsusan

dnrsusan New Member

State:
    Plain Dealing, LA
    Hey Carmen and Eric,

How's the racin going? Just curious. Hope ya having fun.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Transferred long thread of 100's of post so search engines will index the contents of the communication.

Search engine spiders will only crawl a certain amount of links. By keeping threads shorter, it allows major search engines like google, to crawl this content, publish it, and other people who are searching for this area info to find us.

6. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It was not catfish Rob it was buffalo and gar and a couple of goo. The biggest was about 25-30 lbs. We had a blast.

7. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Man, sounds like ya had a great time Robert. And them ole bigmouth's will eat just about anything, iffen ya put it in front of them... I've caught them drift fishin with shad before, cut, dead and live.... have a good evening....

8. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Well, it's good to be back in the real world. You couldn't pay me enough to live out there. It's so dry that there don't seem to be any real lakes or rivers! Them poor people don't know what they're missing. I can't wait, less than a week to go. I have to repair my trailer lights and my trolling motor plug but neither should be a big deal and I have to get my jugs ready. Sorry Roxie, you're not going to repeat! Can't wait to see everyone and EAT some really GOOD food!!!

9. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey yall, sorry to clutter the thread with my personal junk but I wanted to show Sgt. Rob a couple pictures of an idea I've got for some rod holders for my boat. I'm going to borrow his welding expertise whenever I can figure out the best way to mount them. The spiral things are my bank rod holders. I'm trying to figure out a way so I can use them in the boat or on the bank.

Attached Files:

10. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    We just can't break you from that bank fishing, can we?:lol:

11. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Hello people. I've been very busy, and pretty much AWOL. I'm swamped. I've been fishing once in the last 3 months. Work has got me major tied up. Hope yall are doing well.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Solomon! Wondered where you'd been? Now look, you can't go letting work get in the way of play!!! Try to keep in touch when you can.

13. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    Marshall, Texas(Crossroad
    Lookin forward to seeing everyone again at the gathering friday night at Clark's. Good Luck and Good Fishin!!!

Ty

14. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Chapter 7, thats got to be a record.

15. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I can't wait to get ahold of Ty's chili!

16. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    I'm looking forward to you getting ahold of my chili or is it my chili getting ahold of YOU!!! Hehehe!!!

Ty

17. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    I just want to say "THANKS" to all you Red River Rednecks for all your concern and prayers, they really meant alot to me, Thank You All!!!

Ty

18. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    Red River Rednecks Rule!!!

Ty

19. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    You dang right we rule.

20. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    who got the trophy? BTW, I fried up some of those RR blue cats last night. Very good, I might add. Guess everyone is hunting or getting ready to hunt. I think squirrel season is open here now, but the ones in the yard don't realize that. My bunch won't eat them anymore, so they're safe.

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.