Catfishing On The Red River (Part 4)

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by gooboy, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    me and tony put out some hooks saturday night and only caught 1 op about 5 pounds. we was gona run them last night, but once we saw how awful they were biting, we rolled us our mess and came home. if we don't get some rain to get some current in the river, the fishin' is gona continue to be bad!!!!

i went froggin' again last night. thats 4 nights in a row. man i got to get some rest!!!! 4 night total was 258 frogs. first night we caught 107 in 3 hours. it don't get much better than that!! been having to work for them pretty hard since. i saved a little honey hole for friday night when tony was with me. he was a little rusty on his handgrabbing technique. he missed the first frog!!! and ooohhh yeah, i let him have it!!!! lol i don't know if he didn't want to hear me rag on him any more, or just wanted them frogs pretty bad, because after that first miss, he caught about ten in a row without a miss. he ended up grabbing 30 in just over an hour. thank goodness carmen was with us. it was some real rough mess we were hunting. it was a whole lot of push polling and paddling going on. she was always busy pushing one way or the other. with tony as dead weight in the front end, pointing and barking commands, i really don't think i could have made it without carmen.

well i'm fixin' to go pile up and sleep for the next couple days!!!!

eric

2. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
  4. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Tony I went back and took a long look at that pic of yours on the Slimmed Hare thread, and I got to ask. Is Mo in the icechest? You called out 4 names, but there are only 3 cats in the pic. Do I hear you sandbaggin?lol

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I can help with that. I have replaced a few in my days of the 9.8 mercs. just not tonight. I have to go pull moby dicks bro off the lines. LOL

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: You know I am full of lots of things, and dodo is one of them things.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Catfishing On The Red River (Part 4) Created.

Catfishing On The Red River (Part III) was exceeeding 200+ threads.

Thanks,
    Paul

8. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    wow i am so proud of our group....we ought to get some kinda reward for being so .. so....faithful?

9. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thread 4. I thought they used to use roman numerals to number our threads. I guess they're anticipating having to use M's and Z's eventually to number this thread so they just switched to regular numbers.

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Just got in and I mean this with all due respect people are Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our plane was 45 minutes late leaving DFW so we had to wait 2 hours and 45 minutes the whole time we waited a lady was putting on makeup at the gate. We board the plane and she is across the aisle and one row up from me and is still putting on make-up. The plane pulls away from the gate and she pulls out a book fo matches lights on and puts it on one of those make-up pencils. The whole plane smells like smoke now nobody else saw here so they are calling the flight attendent to report smoke. The FA goes past me to the back of the plane to check it out and I turn to the lady behind me who was freaking out and told here the mak-up lady used a match to do something to that pencil thing. I thought this would calm here down and we could get home. NO she calls the FA back up there and points to the make-up lady and says she is setting stuff on fire. The FA goes to the make-up lady asked here if she lit a match she says no. My boss is setting next to me and the FA asked him if he saw her light a match he says no but points to me and says he did. Next thing I know the plane stops on the runway while th FA is on the phone, so here we go back to the gate and the make-up lady is taken off the plane. Then they had to take all my info(tis can't be good). Then they had to recheck the baggage. All in all it took 5 hours to get from Dallas to S'port.

11. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    People are STUPID!!!!

12. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That makes for a long day and I thought my day was bad.

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ersel,it probably wasn't make up that woman was lighting...LOL

14. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Buddy, did yall do any good last night? I went to the J D bridge, didnt good, only had 4 small one.

15. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    We are going tonight & am also curious to see how everyone did Friday night.

How did the water & current look after all the rain we had?

16. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Eric and the Rev tore them up yesterday before dark.Roxie and I caught about 10.I will be going out of Teagues tonight between 7:00 and 8:00.

17. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The wind was blowing my jugs north. So no current and the bite was not good where I was. But I was in the wrong place again.

18. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Just thought I would let yall know that Ersel and I are working on a new noodle design. We took some pics today and I will try to down load them to the general catfishing page this afternoon or this evening. I think this design should up the ante a little on the whole situation!

Went out and did the cop thing last night and had a blast! I forgot how much I enjoy that. Really makes you feel good when yo get drugs and drunk drivers off the street.

19. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    Robert, did you join the BCPD Aux?

Man, yall missed a good time at location "X" last night. The fish were biting, the Rev was in the house and Roxie flashed us all!

We only had two bummers this weekend

1. I learned that my scales were reading low by two pounds. This caused my 57 to weigh 55 and it resulted in Tony letting a 34 go thinking it was 32. Result: Team Slimed Hare is down by 4 pounds.

2. We were unable to better the Team Score and we have called it quits for this tournament.

SeaArk in 45 days +/- 45 days.

20. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    Jim, as easy as it is to pull a wheel and hub, I'd at least take a look at the bearings before rolling it home. If you need help, just hollar!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.