Catfishing on the Red River - Part 21

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Buddrice, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    GOOD MORNING..

2. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Got to Dayton Ohio last night at 9PM and it started to snow at 10PM. It ain't stopped since.:eek:oooh: Not sticking yet but the temp has been around 32 all day and supposed to drop tomorrow. I will be some kind of upset if I get snowed in Friday (only supposed to be 26 Thur and Friday)!!!! :angry::big_smile: Oh well, they keep the heater on at the Hooter's across the street!:wink:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Continued from part 20 :wink:

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey hey hey!! Part 21!!! Hope you all found your way over here.
    Well, we got Monday out of the way; now just 4 more to go. Man, it was some kinda windy today, huh? I hope nobody was out on the water in this mess!
    I've got a funny story for ya; A girl I work with said her 4yr old son killed his first deer this weekend....a 6pt!! She said he's been sitting with his dad while he hunts for quite a while now. Dad has been coaching him on where the "x" should go, etc. Well, a deer comes out; Dad's holding the gun. He asks the boy, "Can you see him in the scope?" "Yes sir". "Is the mark where it's supposed to be?" "Yes sir". "Well, pull the trigger!" And so he did! And laid it down...right there!!
    She said that when they walked up to it, her son, in true 4yr old fashion says, "Wow, that's really neat! Can I play games now?" :smile2:

5. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good story Roxie. I hope ya'll are having a good afternoon. I feel like im coming down with the crud. Is that how you spell crud?

6. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Good morning.....good afternoon.....and a good night to all!!!!!:big_smile:

7. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Morning Ya'll ! It's Fr rrr rr rr osty, O ooo ouuu uutt there this morning !:big_smile:

8. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    GOOD MORNING FRIENDS

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    GOOD MORNING...:roll_eyes:

10. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    It chilly down here too. Got down to 68 last night. These dang Mexicans are a freezin'!!!!:smile2:

Yall have a great day!:big_smile:

11. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    MORNING FRIENDS:big_smile:

12. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Morning Rednecks ! :tounge_out:

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    MORNING...:big_smile:

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Afternoon yall, man let me tell you about that wind today. I'll make it short, don't go up to Caddo and cross all that open water, if the wind is gona get up high. Cause it aint fun commin back across all that water if you do.

As for yesterday, don't go across all that open water if it's gona be that cold, now I don't get cold real easy, but I got COLD yesterday. When we got to where we were gona spray, I had to sit still in the sun for a while, so my head could thow out.

16. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    My mom is havin surgery tomorrow, yall pray that every thing goes fine.

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ...Sure will, David.

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Looks like there's some rough weather headin' this way shortly. Y'all hang on to yer hats!!!:crazy:

19. Fred Rankin

Fred Rankin New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisiana
    Via I-20 take Minden exit #47 & go south on Hwy 371 to Sibley. From the railroad overpass and redlight in Sibley continue on another 4 miles south on hwy 371 and turn right in a curve on Yellow Pine Rd. A sign at this intersection points to Port of Bistineau. It is 3 miles down this little road to the launch site. $3.00 to launch. A store is at the site but they do not sell minnows. The store owner told me today that you can launch a pontoon boat as well as large bass boats. He said they have been catching white perch from the launch site down to the first downstream curve in the channel. I saw several boats go on downstream so I know there is good fishing downstream also.

Warning!! Parking for you trailer and vehicle is limited. On the weekend - - get there early. A game warden's truck/trailer was parked there today.

You can still launch a john boat and possibly a bass boat at the launch site on hwy 164 between Sibley and Doyline on Dorcheat bayou if you are careful.

20. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hello Strangers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.