Catfishing on the Red River - Part 17

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by ratherbracin, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    If anybody is heading out to the river, pond or local lakes, please be careful. It is super windy out...
    Okay?

2. straightenedhook

straightenedhook New Member

State:
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Mornin' Everybody!

Drove over to Longview this a.m. to check on a little business. Man, the rain was comin' in sheets! The wind was really drivin' it. Had to go pretty slow, about 80-85, to keep from wreckin'.

3. straightenedhook

State:
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Where is everyone?????

OR, my page doesn't seem to be updating right now.

Wonder what's up with that.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hope the weather cooperates for y'alls tourney and fish fry! Suppose to rain here all weekend, again. Dogwood winter will be setting in with lower temps by next week too.

Heck fishin is fishin. Don't matter to me as long as I catch a fish. :wink: Do like the way bass like to play, and bream like to pull really hard and run!

Wish I could be there, too. Y'all take care.
    Cheryl

5. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Now, The noodle looks familiar, but those are the strangest looking jugs I've ever seen, do they have a good bouyancy ? They kinda favor paper plates don't they ? Kinda bulky too, probably take up a lot of room in the boat, but I do like the bigger ones, they're just a little harder to grab a hold to at times... I kinda like those about big as a powerade jug. Easier to grab a hold to, but they have a downside too. That 36 # Blue I caught was on one of those quart powerade jugs and I had to chase him up and down the river for fifteen minutes, before I could grab it.....Oh Well, They say even the smaller ones will wear you out in a little while.....

6. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Eric, Me and Catfish Collie's planning on being there Saturday. I was fixin to ask you " Do you know how to COOK ?" , and that's when I realized why you wuz holdin up that big ole goo, yuz trying to hide your tool shed, wuznt you ? That's alright, I got a pretty good one myself, I can put down some vittles myself......Just, More to :sweat: LOVE ain't it.....

7. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    On to Part 17 . :wink:

8. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Nice Fish ! Where did you catch it !

9. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks! I got that and a few others on the Cumberland River in TN visiting Whistler last Feb. That was is my PB at 36.4 lbs.

My post about the trip is here: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=920871#post920871. And we took videos of three of the fish which are here: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3. The second one would've been the biggest fish of the day and was heart-breaking when the line snapped. It was a great trip though and I hope to do it again soon.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Kris,

Does it make you want to move to TN? Bet Whistler was a blast! So happy you had great luck down here.

Take care.
    Cheryl

11. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Nah, I need my cold and snowy winters, though we didn't get much of that this year. Bryan and Bob are great guys and I'd fish with them any day.

12. straightenedhook

State:
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    My, my........I hardly know what to think. Women showin' off their juggs (NEW ones to boot!) and men showing off their old noodles. Jen and Robert are one saucy pair, now ain't they.

Bud, Ya'll got Timmie excited again right after we was discussin' doin' better and all tryin' to get off the perchin' and bassin' This is shameful, pure dee shameful leadin' that man down the trail of lookin' at other wimmens juggs and mens old noodles too boot!! And, you takin' pitchers of 'em showin' out and all. There's wickedness in that!

Timmie, I'm gonna keep watchin' over ya Buddy....and you get my back too. Sooo much sin and degradation here.

Everybody, please help by callin' 'em "bottles" from now on in lieu of "juggs". And the term for usin' them will be "bottlin'" Thanks in advance for supporting the concept.

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats a nice looking cat good luck on your alls fishing trips

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You know, it just figures; I finally post a Good Morning, & they close up my thread!! Guess they couldn't believe I was up that early either!:smile2:
    Y'all be sure to check out my eagle pictures on Thread#16!! Heehee!:tounge_out:
    And NO, the cap does NOT go with the trophy!!

15. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Just One More Day........ reckon we'll see ya'll there.......:cool2:

16. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    THAT OLD RIVER IS A ROLLING. YOU HAD BETTER BRING SOME EXTRA WEIGHTS TO GET YOUR HOOK TO GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE.

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    OK,as it stands right now for the tournament.1st place will pay $63.53+the EAGLE+the plaque+10.00 for having your name put on the plaque.2nd place pays $52.94,3rd place pays $42.35,4th place pays $31.76 and 5th place pays $21.17.

BIG FISH PAYS $45.00

18. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Redneck April 11th & 12th Tournament Entry List:"Start time is 7:00 pm Friday and weigh in at 1:30 pm Saturday" If you would like to be on the list please let me know..(Fish Fry after weigh in)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Adults:

Buddy = $
    Roxie = $
    Eric = $
    Carmen = $
    Dewayne =$
    Robert = $
    Jenny = $
    Ersel = $
    Rupert = $
    David = $
    Amanda = $
    Jim = $
    Randal = $
    Chad = $
    Larry = $

Children:
    Adam
    Katy
    Jordan
    Allie
    Isaac
    Tala

19. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Well, I had to break the bad news to Eric and Carmen yesterday and hoped that it would change by today but it didn't. I won't be able to fish in the tournament tomorrow but will be able to come to the eatin meetin Saturday at Clarks.

The two ole boys that I asked to go fishing with me didn't want to go with the river rolling like it is. I would go anyway but one of them has also scheduled time off and he still wants to go fishing somewhere, so I figure since I started it, I should stick with him. I'm going to miss you old reprobates but ya'll will get to see me Saturday. Since I can't go, I guess that the women have a little bit better chance now!

Good luck and ya'll be careful out there.

20. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    2:00pm FISH FRY LIST for Saturday April 12th:
    Buddy = Fish cooker,fish,fish fry mix,& foam plates
    Roxie = Chips and dip
    Dewayne = Hush puppy's,onion rings and fries
    Pam
    Kevin = 5 Gal. cooking oil
    Myra
    Emmett = Coleslaw and tater salad