Catfishing on the Red River - Part 16

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by ar_confederate, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Hi friends. It's good to be back at work today! I had some kind of week and a half. I came in from Baton Rouge Wed. evening. I just finished supper and was getting ready for some serious down time when my wife said, "Ok, we're going to see your Dad now." It seems that Dad was in the hospital and my mother and wife decided NOT to tell me when I was in BR. He had a relatively mild heart attack on Tuesday. The cardiologist wanted to treat it with medications but by Thursday night, it was obvious that those were'nt going to work. They put in a stent on Friday afternoon and he's home now, doing well. I know that some of ya'll know him and will be glad to know that he's planning on doing some fishing soon when it warms up and he gets back his strength.

Buddy, would you put me down for the eating meeting and Gary Wilson and Greg Rumby down for the tournament? Has there been any decision about where we will weigh in and camp out etc? It may have been on here but I missed it. Thanks.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Continued from:

Catfishing on the Red River - Part 15

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Boy y'all.........uh, I mean we, :wink: sure do talk alot. Part 16!

Hope all is well in RRR country.

Emmett,

Prayers for your Dad, from TN.

Carmen,

Glad you got to race. Hope you feel better.

Take care.
    Cheryl

4. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Fishin' Report: :cool2: The whites and yellows are running on the Sabine.....Put 38 up ta 3lbs in the boat Sunday....Threw back just as many.....Lots of Yellows.................How does on say Fish Fry..............................:cool2:

5. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Man, I didn't know ya cudn't see yeller that well!!!!!! HeHeHe!!!!!:eek:oooh:

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Now I'm blind, Rupert. :wink:

7. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    Could you possibly give us that report again, Rupert? Maybe in a nice BLACK ink....

Just kidding, except for that part about "HUH?" !!! :cool2:

8. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    Cheryl, you are absolutely right. These rednecks are a talkative bunch... HaHaHa!!! :eek:oooh: I love it....

9. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    Emmett, I'm glad to hear that your dad is alright. Thoughts & prayers are sent ya'll's way. Tell him he's got to get better quick, it won't be long now 'til the big cats really turn on. :big_smile:

10. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    HELLO TY....
    I told Miss D to get you to show her the snow pics I posted on here. And if your not too wrapped up this coming Saturday around 6:00, well, I sure could use my chaplin. K? :roll_eyes:

11. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    Marshall, Texas(Crossroad
    GOODEVENING
    REDNECKS!!!

Part 16!!! We sure talk alot!!! Hehehe!!! Can't wait to see everybody at the next meetin!!!

Carmen, Congrats on the running in circles, sounds like you had a blast!!! I had a dog that did that one time, twisted himself right down to China!!!

Roxie, someday you'll get through!!! Remember the Golden Rule, it doesn't matter if you finish just as long as you START!!! Hehehe!!!

Eric, it won't be long now brother!!!

Emmett, your family is in our prayers!!!

Rupert, WHAT TIME IS DINNER??? Hehehe!!!

Paul, thanks for KEEPIN US GOIN!!! Hehehe!!!

Cheryl, HI SWEETIE!!!

Carmen, might be possible, where at???

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Whoooo-eeee!! Sweet 16!!! Look at us go!!:roll_eyes:
    Carmen, sounds like it was a "fast & furious" evening for ya. Glad you finally got to go "vent" some of that anger.:wink:
    Kevin, next time you see Ole Sarg, tell him we miss him on here.Maybe he should have just re-enlisted; at least then we heard from him on a regular basis.:smile2:
    Glad to see the tourney list getting longer. This should be a good one.:0a23:
    Emmett, give your Dad all our best wishes. I'm sure that was quite a scare. Glad it all turned out well.
    Rupert, thanks for the fishing report....even if it was in YELLOW!! What are the "yellows" you refer to? Yellow bass?
    Buddy's gonna be out of town again for a couple of days; please....PLEASE...don't let this computer go down again or he'll swear I'm tearing it up.....Well....he will SWEAR, for sure!:confused2:

13. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    He will swear. I can almost hear it now.....:misdoubt: HeeHee!
    How's the painting coming, Roxie? Slow going when the rain comes back through, huh?
    I had to put some more aggressive tires on the Dodge today, as I almost had some serious drama in the mud last night. Whew! They are proud of rubber right now! Yikes....
    Ty, about that dog? Ha! Champion Park, where ya came to watch me the very first time I drove my racecar.

14. reverend_ty

reverend_ty New Member

State:
    Marshall, Texas(Crossroad
    Carmen, if nothing comes up, Debbie and I are going to try and make it over saturday night to the races!!!

Roxie, is this Buddies way of getting out of PAINTING??? Hehehe!!!

GOODNIGHT
    REDNECKS!!!​

15. ratherbracin

ratherbracin New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisiana
    And a good night to you....

16. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Are we going to have a fish fry after the turny? If so we need to get a list on what we need to bring and where its going to be.

We also said somthing about a dinner before the turny. If we are we need to figure this out. I dont see how we are going to have time on friday afternoon because some people might be working that day.

I think im going to pitch my tent at bishops.

17. Smijen

Smijen New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hi ya'll...Emmett I hope your Father heals quickly. He will be in my prayers.

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana

19. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Dewayne, yes they are wanting to have a fish fry after the weigh in @ Clarks. And yes, we do need to start a list of who's bringing what.
    As far as the eatin' coming up, they're talking about doing it the week before the tourney; maybe @ Ryans. Buddy will post more later.....Stay tuned!

20. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Hey everybody! Well you can send the men with the white coats! Me and Janny went fishing all day in the rain. David pulled up at Red River South as we were getting the boat ready. So he came along too! We cought a few dinks right off and then had a long dry spell. Soon as David left we cought another dink and one blue that went probably 4-5 lbs. Then we tried drift fishing but didn't know what we were doing. got a couple bites but no hook ups.

Would love to learn more about drift fishing. Any pointers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.