Catfishing on the Red River - Part 12

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by gooboy, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    After supper last night, we went juggin in the port lake. It was sad! We caught 1 blue in about 2 1/2 hours! We rode out in the river, but it was still rollin' to bad to try and throw jugs out there with a boat load of younguns.

Still had a good time though. And man was it HOT!!!!

2. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    For all of you that missed the little "almost" altercation up front.

I had walked up to the end of the tables talking to Rob. While I was standing there leaning on my new knockin' stick, Allie came up to me and asked if she could hold it. I told her sure and handed it to her. I then proceded to tell her to hit that boy sittin' at the end of the table right between the eyes. She never even hesitated! She turned around, choked up on the stick, started rarrin' back, and was real close to swingin' at David, when I made a grab for it. I hollerd, "Hang on girl, I was just kiddin'!!" She loooked at me with the most serious look and said, "I was fixin to hit him!" :smile2::smile2::smile2:

If I hadn't been afraid of her breakin' my brand new stick, I woulda let her swing!!!:big_smile:

That was FUNNY!!! The look on Davids face was priceless. He knew how close he came to gettin' an attitude adjustment!!!

3. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    LOL Yeah he has that look down pat!

Yall missed it.....the waitress (not the chick with the short hair) but the OTHER one asked what was in the jar.....i told her worms...and she asked what i was going to do with them. I proceeded to tell her EAT THEM. She asked "is that why they are in corn meal?" I said yes, you just pull one out and deep fry for about 1 min or until they float...or you can saute them....i think she was going to hit the floor. so i told her i was kidding......

then the blond chick with short hair asked what they were for....and i id the same thing to her...i told her we eat them...we keep them in corn meal and then fry them up...HAHA

Bud, you better sign Allie up for soft ball when that time comes.....she has a really good grip and really strong stance.....

4. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I don't know who would have been cryin more, me for gettin hit in the head, or Eric for havin a broke knockin stick.lol

Sgt. Rob, next time give Eric a FOAM bat PLEASE.lol

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well....we've done it again!! Another thread closed.....and a new one opened up!! Woohoo!! I don't think they ever expected this when we all signed up!!:smile2:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Eric, sorry y'all didn't get into the fish last night. Did you notice that water temp? It feels like bath water!! Ugh!
    Jim/Alsey....sorry I forgot last night, but thanks for putting our eatin' meetin' together for us. I think we were all just so glad to see each other, that we forgot to mention it...so Thank You Jim!!!
    Wareagle...congrats on the 1000 posts! (Ersel, you see that? Even the "quiet one" posts alot! Ha!)
    Bud & Garnett...and Allie; sorry I missed saying good-bye to you. I guess y'all left while I was outside with Ersel & Kristi. Garnett, if you go back to that Indian Shop, let me know what it's like!
    Thanks to everyone for signing Debbie/Mrs.Rev's card; as soon as we hear from Ty about her surgery, I'll get it in the mail to her. Sure do miss seeing them!

7. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Man, chapter 12, for a bunch of dumb Rednecks, we sure know what we're talkin about.lol

I think when I get Isaac on the bus in the mornin, I'm gonna head to the Flat river, see if I can catch some cats.:big_smile: With Amandas new pncake batter.lol

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Flat River...Isn't that where they caught that 9ft gator recently?
    Oh..and have any of you looked at the deer hunting thread at Sam's recent pictures? Awesome looking deer.

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    ohmygod!!!!!!!!!!!tTa think I missed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yep, Rupert..."Shouldawouldacoulda"...been there!!!:wink:

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana

David,???? I know ya had a mouthful of vittle's.....Do ya really think ya wouldda felt?????????????? I"ll bet money the polls wouldda said neva....
    I'm so sorry I missed everyone.........

12. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I had a great time and the fish was great too. All the confusion was because I've never heard of the term "family style" when it comes to eating in a resturaunt. When I called Kay (the one in charge) a few weeks ago she told me it would be a "family style buffet" of catfish, fries, pups, and cole slaw. Well, I thought family style meant down home cookin' or food so good it would make you slap your mama or something. I heard the word buffet and I assumed we'd all be sneezing over a real buffet setup. It didn't help with Buddy over there trying to order lasagna. To her credit, it was Kay's day off and she came in to be sure we got good service. I think they hurt themselves with the automatic gratuity. I would have left alot more than a buck fifty.

Oh yeah, it was Dewayne's birthday yesterday and I meant to embarrass him by us singing happy birthday but I forgot.

Happy birthday ya old coot!:smile2:

13. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks Jim, I thought 48 was still young till you called me an old coot.:smile2:

14. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Happy late birthday Dewayne.

15. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Happy B-Day Dewayne. 48 is not that old. Look how good Robbie looks for his age! You never would guess he's pushin 50!:eek:oooh:

16. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    You know I almost feel bad for lettin these people pay me good money every night to surf the internet.....almost.:big_smile:

17. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Sure is quiet in here, are you people sleeping or something?:roll_eyes:

18. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    *tap...tap...tap* Is this thing on? *tap...tap...tap*

19. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    All by myself....I'm all by myself......

20. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    I be here mister Bulldaddy!!! Dang near 3 o'clock in the freakin' mornin' and I'm still wide awake! Freakin' insomnia is drivin' me nuts!!!:angry: Second time this week! Alarm clock is set for 6am! Might still be up to hear it go off!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.