Catfishing on the Red River - Part 10

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by ersel, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Here are some pics they were within 50' of the house.

Attached Files:

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures, Ersel. You're never gonna be able to keep Adam in the house!!

3. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    hey ersel:

KERPOW!!!!!!!!

ahhh, the smell of gunpowder.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ersel,

I thought spot lighting deer was illegal in all states........:lol:

Just redneckin' you, thanks for sharing the pics!

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    ok, so i am on the kamode doing my thing when i hear something hit the roof....BONK...then you hear something slide. then i hear BONK again followed by a small sqeal.

i think it is just a limb that fell on the metal roof...ok i can finish. so i do. i go outside to smoke a well deserved smoke and i hear a much louder squeal....so i figure a baby rabbit got eat by an owl or the hawk that likes to terrorize the wildlife. then i think...OH baby bird...and i start looking. i see something dangling off the side of the trailor...right on the edge of the roof....looks like the biggest lizard i ever seen....till i see fur. a baby squirell hanging on for dear life. then i see something on the ground...another baby squirell.....so we get them inside and the one is having little siezures.....and had a bad bloody nose...that is the one that was on the ground....i think that was the loud first BONK i heard. the other jumps on david and surprises him. he seems ok. so i give them a little canned milk with sugar mix i use for puppies and the bloody one takes it but the other one just gets mad. the little bloody one is in love with david and only wanted him to hold it. finally get it in the plastic tub with the other and they nestle in the sheet for the night....so off to the pet store tomorrow for a kitten nurser....they have teeth buds and i would think in about 2 weeks they are big enough to go out on their own....we will take it one step at a time...isaac named them Mighty (the one that hung on the roof) and Mac (it hit like a mac truck)....actually i think their names are from some cartoon. wish them luck!@

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Awwww, how sweet! I've had baby rabbits like that, but no baby squirrels. When I was about Isaac's age, a neighbor lady used to let them in her screened porch, thru the trees jutting in the porch.

Best of luck with them, Amanda, David and Isaac!

Hug each other,
    Cheryl

P.S. Don't forget to take pics!

7. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Great pictures Ersel. I have to tell ya'll though, you're all getting me to go house hunting!

Good luck with the new babies Amanda. Keep us up dated on their progress.

Did I ever tell anyone how glad that I am that we all get along with each other? Thank you all. This is truly a great group!:big_smile:

8. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well, I don't know about all that, Ty tends to get on my feelings some times with all that 24 hr rod and reeling he dose. Let one Texan come over here and rod and reel and he wipes out the catfishing pop. ever where he's been. Yep, can't fish behind Ty. :big_smile:

9. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    well, the babies lived through the night and now are at the cypress zoo/rehab place since i am not licienced to keep them over 48 hours.

i miss the little boogers already. oh BTW the new marina is OPEN

10. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oh, so I guess I broke the law with the one I keep for three week after the the storm a month ago? Oh well, we keep a baby tree rat for about three weeks. I let him go at my Mom's house. She is feeding him and his buddies now. He made friends quick. I just hope Mom dose not get a hunger for mullagan. :eek:oooh:

11. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Amanda just thinks I took them squirrels to the zoo. They sure was TENDER.:tounge_out: lol

12. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Another thread for the archives!

13. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    i've ben on the old site reviewing all our roots. The really old history was destroyed back around May 2005 but it is cool to read how the rednecks got started with the first gathering and all. There is fishing history there because we used to discuss "fishing" on this thread.:lol:

I'm going to start a log book and try and keep up with the important stuff in it. It is a shame the old data has been deleted but I suppose there are a few years ahead of us to gather more.

14. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    well, i was told in an email a while ago by a rehaber that i could have kept it with intent to release. who knows. i just dont have the set up and they were not on hard solids yet...several rehabers refused to take them because they dont have space or time. maybe next time i will just keep them.

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Does any body ever fish any more?lol

16. ar_confederate

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Well, I may not fish a lot but just wait until May 4th!!!!! Fish around the clock!

17. ar_confederate

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Cheryl, have you decided if you can come to our gathering? We sure would love to have you here.

18. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I am still trapping. I hope to fish this weekend though. Sorry, I am pre tourney fishing though, can't give any details out right now.

19. ar_confederate

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Tony, you know that I would never use any information that you give me against you in the tournament. You also know that I need all the help I can get! Please don't let the women beat me again!:eek:oooh:

20. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm going to run my noodles and put out my trotline for the tournament Saturday. Do any of yall remember the approximate time of year last year that we were all doing so well with the noodles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.