Catfishing on the Neosho River -- anyone fish there?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by NEOSHOCATHUNTER, Feb 16, 2006.

1. NEOSHOCATHUNTER

NEOSHOCATHUNTER New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Is there anyone in this groupe that fish the neosho river aroun the KG&E dam.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

While I only fish the Neosho in OK between Miami and Twin Bridges, I'm curious as to where in KS the dam is located?

And Welcome to the BOC.

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I fish the Chetopa dam, some KG&E & north in Neosho county.

Tulcat......There is a dam in Chetopa, KS, the KG&E dam is about 8 miles east/southeast of Parsons, KS

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    NEOSHOCATHUNTER:
    This woulda been better in our Kansas section on the board under the rivers talk

Its a nice little spot for all of our Kansas brethren to talk about our Kansas goings on. I can probably have the admin's move this one for you, so dont worry about posting it again, but I just thought that I would let you know about the Kansas section. If you need to find it from the main page, its under the "CATFISHING INFORMATION BY STATE" section.

I dont fish the Neosho either, but I do want to go down to it sometime. I heard that its good for flatheads and the like.

:0a26:

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    The dam is Est of Parsons, Ks on the Est side of the power plant. You have to cross the river on 400 hwy that is if you are comming from Parsons then go south about a mile or so then go back to the west to the river.

6. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    I DO It is a good place to fish if there is water running across the dam.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cathunter,
    Thats the Mardi Des Cynges dam in Ottawa. You can catch some cats there but there are alot better spots. I've spent alot of time fishing the MDC in Ottawa and Osawatomie. I've moved to far away to justifiy the drive to fish there anymore.

9. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Sorry everyone NEOSHOCATHUNTER is actually me.. I forgot my password for that name.

SORRY

10. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I too fish the neosho river. Mostly at chanute and at Chetopa dam. Haven't started yet this year. Been having any luck or have you started yet?

11. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    yes I do but have`nt been able to so far this year, my wife has been very ill sence Christmas day.

12. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Hi onlyone; If you want to fish the Neosho at the KG&E Dam let me now & I will meet you somplace & show you how to get there. If there is`nt any water running over the dam. I know of another place to fish close by that has some flats & channels. Nothing huge but some nice fish.

13. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Sounds good. I've heard a lot about the KG&E Dam. I used to know an old old man who used to fish there. Said he always had decent luck. I think there are a few others on this site who fish there as well.

14. cat_catchin_fish

cat_catchin_fish New Member

State:
    Weir, Kansas
    water was rising at KG&E went for couple of hours friday afternoon has some hits but didnt catch anything. still was a good day if not a little cold. Usually Chanute, KG&E, and Chetopa and south to Miamia Ok good places to fish have also done well around St. Paul.