Catfishing on the Calcasieu River

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Suthrngntlmn, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone has done any catfishing on the Calcasieu River north of Lake Charles, La with any good results. I know there are catfish because I've caught a few small blue cats there in summer, and I also know there are quite a few deep holes (40 to 60 ft). Any help or thoughts will be appreciated. I have been looking around and found a lot of good knowledge on the site. Awesome website. Thanks in advance.

2. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome to the site Gary. I am also from Louisiana, I live in Abbeville. I am not familiar with your area. I mostly fish the marsh near Vermilion Bay.

You will love the BOC.:006:

3. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Randall, I have a brother in Abbeville and one in Ester, both fish Vermilion Bay often and I have occasionally in the past.

4. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Hey good to see you on here. I fish the marsh around Vermilion Bay also. Holes 40-60 feet? wow, I couldn't imagine! haha That's a little too deep for me. (pull up that anchor? no thanks!):tounge_out:

5. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Gary, pm me your brother's names. You never know, I may know them. :006:

6. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Soon as I get enough post that i can PM you I'll do that. You may very well know one or both.