Catfishing on the Bell City Ditch

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Suthrngntlmn, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Took the wife out Saturday morning to try to get a few fryers. Had boat troubles to start but made the trip ok (boat in shop now, motor won't open up, gummed up carb). Set up shop at a pump that was pushing water into the canal. In about 3 hours we caught; or should I say the wife caught 21 channels between 2# to 3# and 2 small flats at about 2 1/2# each. She kept me busy unhooking and re-baiting, I think I caught 4 but she had a blast. All were caught on Team Catfish Secret Seven Bait. I am now a firm beliver and have ordered more, this stuff works.

2. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

DANG. I wish we could fish outa a ditch and catch fish here in kansas!!!!! :cool2:

lol... so did you just keep rebaiting for the wife and she yanked them in?... im talking fishing still.... did i loose ya? :wink:

3. scrantny

scrantny New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    IS THIS THE ''DITCH'' THAT GOES OUT TO THE INTRACOASTAL WATER WAY...AND ALSO THE CANAL THAT GETS YOU TO THE ROLLERS FOR LACASINE REFUGE?

IM ORIGINALLY FROM LAKE CHARLES AND THERE IS A BELL CITY DRAINAGE DITCH WE USED TO LAUNCH FROM TO GET TO LACASINE AND THE BIG BURNS AREA...