Catfishing on Horseshoe

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by MemphisCat, Jul 7, 2009.

1. MemphisCat

MemphisCat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Guys,

Does anybody fish Horseshoe regularly? I know its full of eater sized Channel Cats, just wandering if anybody had any tips to catch them consistently.

Thanks.

2. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish it all the time. Shrimp, chicken liver, cut bait.....There is also alot of blues in this lake.....will you be in a boat or the bank?

3. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    We use to catfish it a lot!! I fish the river now in hopes of bigger fish. We always used Doc's dip bait with the plastic dip worms. Bonds sells them. We have caught ALOT of 1-8 lb catfish out there. We fished across from Camp Kearfree at the edge of the pads. We also fished across from Pete Strifs by the 5 lakes fence. We normally fished in 4-6 feet of water. Anyway, good luck.

4. MemphisCat

MemphisCat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks, I will be fishing out of boat. I thought it might be good by the drop off where the flat and the pads end

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am going over there maybe tonight by myself. I have caught blues in this lake up to 40lbs on rod and reel and have heard of some a little bigger being caught, but you have to learn the lake and how to target the blues or the channels will pester you! I usually catch several blues to every channel I catch. I have spent probably 50 nights on this lake and it takes on a whole different personality at night!:big_smile: Also, there is a 10 fish per day limit on it, but at midnight its a new day!:wink: I release any over 10 lbs that I catch......