Catfishing Ohio River 3/05/06

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by DeerHunter01, Mar 5, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well today Bryan Shrum and Bob Goodwin and My son Ryan and myself hit the Ohio River again, Well we got out about 7:45 AM and got to a spot and set up and sure enough Bob had the first fish on within 20-30 Minutes of setting up, He caught a nice 20# bluecat, After another 30 Minutes, I had a rod go down off the front of Bryans boat and ended up with a 34# blue cat, this catfish had two leaders in its throat with the barrel swivels still attached hanging out its mouth. Bob had a dandy on for a split second and I lost one after about a 1 minute fight, the hook broke off the line, he felt alot bigger then the 34# bluecat.

one thing I forgot to mention is Bryan pulled a trick on me with the one that got off, you will have to watch the Movie to see what he did to me..lol

Here is a couple of pictures of our fish.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You guys are killing me, nice fish!

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    looks like you had a good day. Great pics and nice fish

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Flathunter you just need to get in that new boat of yours, and go pick up Mellon and head to the Ohio river and make him paddle for you all day, just point the direction for him to go, and you should be all set.

Bryan made me do that today with that 24 foot Pontoon of his, he is really treating me bad to say the least. I don't think he likes me very well..:p

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    took hook into some blues like that, at this point i would paddle you where ever you want to get out on the big river. Man i need to finish the repairs to the boat

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your killing me too! You are going to have more fish in march than you did in a whole season at Wintersville. Answer this,Do you still know what a flathead looks like? lol And why didn't you let Bryan catch one? You were on his boat, Wasn't that 75# er enough for ya !
    :0a28: lol

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice!. I will have to add the Ohio River to one of my list of places to fish one day. Good job on the blues.

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

DH, was that today, or a month ago????? Just curious. Loved the Video to.

Ray

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Netmanjack

Now come on be nice to me, I let Bryan and Bob have the back of the boat where they could catch the fish, all I did was drop my rod off the front of the boat so I could not catch a fish, I can't help it if that man eating fish swam up and took my bait.

Ray:

Yes this was today sir, got home here at 4:30Pm this afternoon.

bluehunter:

Yes the Ohio River is very nice for fishing , sometimes its nice that its not as well known as the other places, like the James River or Bugs Island.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

It would sure by nice to know if someone's offer to come down for a day was still good......:p It is good to see someone catching fish.

Ray

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ray right now my Motor took the big dump, I was out on Big Bryans boat today. I am having to get a new motor. My boat is up north right now getting some work done to it on the transom, then when I get it back I got to run it down to Tennessee next week to get a Motor installed, In which I have to break in the Motor for 10 to 12 hours. Then I will be good to go again. So my fishing is at a stand still right now. Unless Bryan comes back to show me where the fish truck is..lol

12. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

LOL!!! I'm sorry to hear that DH, and to think I was willing to drive through the night just to let you show me how catch those big blues.....Bryan didn't bring the truck to Catstock, it must have gotten a flat on the way.

Ray

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ray thats how Bryan pulls his boat now is with the fish stocking truck, it looks like he has it made now, you will see in the next week he will be on here catching them 90# cumberland hogs ..lol

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    You're at it in two threads!! LOL I told you that fish truck was hidden along the banks. Now there is a video out there with those banks visible for all the world to see. LOL Won't be our fish truck anymore now!! Yep, I came up to take Eric and Ryan fishing and just have a nice day on the water. And that we had. It was a cool overcast day and just perfect for fishing. Lot's of good current and the fish were all over the depth finder. That sure is a really nice area for finding a big cat. Unless you're me fishing with Eric!! Then it's a really great place for him and Bob to find a really big cat. Eric took great pains to try and get us on some big fish today and I appreciate that. He even went as far as to point me in the right direction when casting. Hmmm....I wonder?......No he wouldn't........Would he?.......Show me where to cast?......Dead zones?....Naw, Eric wouldn't do that! Yes he would too!! LOL You just wait till next time Eric!

15. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    If I remember right, He told you to make a long cast with one rod and a short cast off the back of the boat. Then he just drop his line over the side of the boat just under us. Now that I see what is going on when he was watching the depth finder. he locate the fish and then back us up so they were under the boat and make us cast in back of them, so our baits where never in the feeding zone.

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Would Eric do that? Probably. Now, is this fish truck gonna make it to Keystone, and if so, will it be bringing Eric and Ryan with it?

17. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tony: I called Bryan and he told me that the Fish truck is not allowed out of Tennessee ever again, he took it back home with him yesterday, you should of seen him hugging it like he was in love with it, man he has the fish truck itis bad buddy, so I guess the fish truck will not be showing up at keystone.

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Another great day of fishing, congrats on the catches. DH has caught more fish in the last 2 months then he ever did while here in Ohio. Must be more ******** in KY, LMAO.

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Congrats on a couple of nice cats, ya'all are killing me

20. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Great fish!!! Gotta love that Ohio River..

DH what bait you guys catch them on?