Catfishing Ohio Power

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bullseye017, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going to go down to American Electric Power Recreation land(Ohio Power) in southern ohio this week. I plan on bass and bluegill fishing during the day but at Night I want to try catfishing there. I read an article that said that the lakes that you can get to easier have been stocked with more catfish and also around campground C. If anyone has had any good success catfishing there which lake you fished and what you caught would be appreciated

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    where exactly is that located at?

3. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ohio Power mostly in Morgan county(its in 4 counties) I believe and near caldwell I think its like 30,000 acres and It has over 350 ponds and lakes............its a really cool place

4. Katphish

Katphish New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ive never fished there but I have done some grouse huntin down there. It is a nice area.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I went there a little over 20 years ago and didnt catch any but I was with friends celebrating graduation :smile2: . I would use a bobber and set it deep, and be carefull the ponds dont look deep because they are clear but they are extreamly deep. And have fun are you going to camp there?

6. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ya we are going to camp there, we have been there a couple times earlier this summer and had a lot of success with decent sized bass and caught a couple nice stringers of bluegill. a buddy of mine is suddenly getting into fishing so i figured we would go down there and give it a try..........we were down there on the first weekend of turkey season just to fish and I was very disappointed at how many people there were..........so we popped the truck in 4 wheel drive and drove way back in and found a nice secluded place. Its good fishing for bass and bluegill so I was hoping it might be good for catfish too.

7. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just got back from Ohio Power. didnt get anything big but got a bunch of little ones mostly under 15in in some youth ponds at one of the campgrounds on a bobber set 3-4 ft deep. We also talked to some guy that was there that said he got one saturday morning that was about 2 pounds and that his cousin got one the weekend before that was 32in and they estimated it at 15 lbs. there was a lot of people catfishing there and it really surprised me..........didnt seem like anyone was catching monsters though.