catfishing northern ca

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catman37, Jan 26, 2008.

1. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im a member from ohio who might be moving to alameda ca and was wondering if there was any good catfishing in northern ca.

2. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hello,
    Compared to Ohio it's probably not good, but you can find em'. The locals are usually happy to share their spots, so hook up with them. Good luck!
    Linz.

3. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Well, you are right by the Delta. Clearlake is about 100 miles north. Knotgillty can tell all about Clearlake.

4. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Oh ya, I forgot about Clear Lake! Good Channel action up there. Everything seems to grow bigger in that place.

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hey Gary,
    If you move to Alameda, you will be right next to Bert in San Leandro. He can show ya some spots for sure! Shoot him a PM if you move. His screen name is Shania:wink:
    Linz

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Catman.... being a native of this state, I'd like to set you straight on the terminology of this state.... southern cal is anything south of San Francisco. North, being above that part.... Alameda may better be called "Bay Area" where as anything east of there is central cal....anyway, Welcome to California if you do get here..... you'll like the Clear Lake area, and as mentio ned.... "The Delta" is also great for fishing..... Which is on the Sacramento/San Joauquin rivrers.... east of the "Bay Area"

Bayrunner Ray

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    We aint no southerners here in the Valley we are CENTRALLY located:tounge_out::smile2:

8. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Dont forget that you will be living on the Bay.
    Plenty of salt fishing out your front door.
    Alameda is really nice. Welcome to Cali.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Good Morning Gary,

Come on over, Because the "Delta Boys" can always use another member. LoL
    :wink:

When are you planing on making that move, Like my boy Linz said, I'm in San Leandro, Ca. (which is only 5 mins. away), and I would love to show you some of the "Honey Holes" that we have here. I love to fish the Ca. Delta but there are a lot of spots here that you we like.

You can shoot me a PM Buddy & we will talk more about it. :big_smile:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

10. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hiya Bert (and the rest of ya)
    This weather has me pinned in pretty good. I just came down with a pretty nasty cold, so I'll be couching it up some more this week. I can't wait till the spring hits so I can start tubing again. I'll probably hit Paradise Marina in early March for some spawning bass action. Until then I'll be riding out the weather. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Linz.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    What's up linz,

I hear ya on the weather thing :sad2: it's getting to be so bad, that I'm starting to gather-up all of the animals in the area "Two by Two" & I'm also building an ark here at work.
    LoL

But I can't wait spring myself or just a break in the weather for a day or two, so I can plan a trip out there.
    :confused2:

Because you know that I'm ready. :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2:& Shania:0010:

Bert & "Deltalover"

12. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i should be ariving in alameda on the 8th of feb...taking the bus out ..my mother and sister live in alameda so i'll be staying with them,hopefully i'll find a job out there.if i do i'll stay,but if not i'll go back to ohio.i cant bring any of my fishing equipment with me on the bus,so that kinda sucks but if i find a job out there it gives me an excuse to buy new poles i guess!

13. Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy New Member

State:
    Modesto, Ca
    Shania, what part of the Delta do you like the best. Have had good luck in the main channel down from the turning basin in Stockton and in Franks Tract, but, nothing of any real size. You have any better places?
    Thanks

14. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Just stay on your side of the bay.
    If you have to cross it watch your back(side).

15. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Fishing/

Above link is to the state's DFG fishing site. Check out "Fishing in the City" during the warmer months; there are generally leftover catfish after the clinics in the warmer months.

Trout is the only thing that the state stocks on a regular basis. Stocking schedule can also be found on that site.

-- Rich

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ed,

For Fish in numbers:
    I like to go up to the Tracy area of the Delta ("Whiskey Slough Area", "Cal Pack Road Area", Anywhere off of "Whiskey Slough Rd." & Beacon Inland Rd.).

For Size (& sometimes numbers) :wink:
    I always go with the Stockton & Lodi areas of the Delta (Anywhere in the Northern Part of the Delta).
    :0a26: :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2:& Shania:0010:

Bert & "Deltalover"

17. Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy New Member

State:
    Modesto, Ca
    Thanks Bert will find them on the charts and give them and try.
    Ed

18. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    I guess its not proper way to geographically divide Ca. up but to me anything south of Grapvine at the bottom of the Grapevine mountains north side is Southern California. Central California goes on up through the valley to about Sacramento then its Northen California from there up to Oregon. I remember a few years back talk about splitting California into two states. It was over water feuds.

19. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Yea, Fresno- the bellybutton of California...