Catfishing - New Fisherman

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by crmule, Jun 2, 2006.

1. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Yesterday dawned clear with a hint of rain in the afternoon .I had dreaded this day for months .take your grand son fishing was the word form gran maw and I realy didn't want to spend the day with the little guy[age 6],cause he's spoiled by his mom and grand mom so bad he has trouble with the word NO If you know what I mean.
    Well I loaded the little guy in the pontoon and headed to the Wekiva river [thats in florida ],the water is low and the current kinda strong. well the little guy liked his life jacket ,one less war,and loved the ride and the birds and gators .Hell he was having a good time ,so was I.
    We anchored up stream of some dead fall and I baited him up with a big hunk of freezer burned pork liver .We started catching fish as soon as bait hit the water [great no bored kid] ,Hey Grampaw this is fun ! and then the little guy [from hear on out refered to as MY grandson hooked into a wopper.Channel cat 21" long on an ulira lite outfit with 6lb.test .he brough it to the boat and I netted it Damn I think I have a new fishing buddy . take him away from them women and he a good kid.
    I will try to post a picture of my grandson and his frist good one.

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story and pic,thanks for sharing!!!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish i bet that was fun

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats on your new found relationship with your grandson!

5. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Neat story... hey, sometimes Grandmaw does know best! :big_smile:

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Thats a real good fish for his first fish. I bet it was a sight to see him work that catfish. Its something special for You and your grandson to bond in that away. You both have something you brag about.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Way to get a little one into fishing!

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    AWESOME! Way to go gran pa

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Tell him Ol'JW says congratulations on the fine catch and I hope he gets a bigger one next time.

Sounds like you had fun in spite of yourself, LMAO!!!

It is great to read stories like this, it makes you think of all the things a grandchild brings to the table. I can't wait to take my grand daughter fishin when she gets old enough, (she is only 2 now). I hope to make her a fishing buddy later on, LOL!!!

10. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Dont you hate it when our women are right
    but sounds like you found something better than a argument with the mrs.

11. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Same can be said about most males.
    Glad it worked out. He'll remember that trip his whole life.

12. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I got aq boy that age, and I'm trying tooth and nail to get him to fall in love with fishing, but so far he's too busy trying to get attention to really try to catch fish. He's getting better about it with each trip out though. Glad to see your anticipation of the situation turned out to be off base and you both had a good time.

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Congrats to your grandson and to you for giving him a chance to show you what he can do. Sounds to me you need to get him out more, their are too many spoiled kids out there now. Maybe whats wrong with the younger people today, not enough parents and grandparents teaching them the way, just letting TV and Xbox teach them. So what are they really learning?

14. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    thats a cool story I will be a gandpa this nov. I cant wait and she better have a boy lol

15. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles, thats a good story. I'm glad it turned out well for you. :smile2:

16. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    In my experience with spoiled kids - once you get them away from whoever is spoiling them they behave much better. They just know how to get their way with some people and milk it!

My Girlfriend's Bestfriend has a kid just like that - if she's around, he's a whiney little terror on 2 legs. Couple times I've spent some time with him when they were out, he's perfectly well behaved.

You can bet he'll never forget that catfish - he'll be hooked for life now!

~
    Brian

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  18. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Hey Verlon , nice looken bunch ,fam and cats
    CRmule

19. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great Story. When my boy was six, we would go Fishing and I told him to behave or I'd use him for CHUM... But, we don't have gators in Ohio.
    Now He's 11 and out fishes us all.:roll_eyes: He still may become Chum.

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm glad my dad didn't think that way...

First time I outfished him was when I was 5!

From what my parents have said I have been on fishing trips since I was 2 months old, baby carrier strapped to the bridge they were fishing from.

And people wonder why I have no fear of heights, water, and why I am just generally strange. :crazy: