Catfishing near harrison bay

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by antfish, Apr 1, 2006.

1. antfish

antfish New Member

Does anyone know any spots near here that i can go fishing at? If you can answer, can you include day or night and type of baits to use? If y'all could that would be great.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    This early in the year, I would think the outlet of the nuclear plant would be excellent. I've fished the nookie outlet here in Arkansas every spring for over 20 years.

3. antfish

antfish New Member

Thanks Jerry!:) What baits would be best there?:confused: I've never fished near a nuclear plant. Also I'm still kind of new at the Catfishing game. Thanks again and I hope God gives you and everyone else a nice day, a nice time, and a big ol' cat.:cool:

Thanks,
    Anthony

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Anthony, you might want to try to catch some skipjack at the Chickamauga Dam and head down stream but there should be some good fishing near the Nuke plant like Jerry said.

By the way, we are having a gathering at Harrison Bay State Park May 5, 6, and 7. We sure would like to meet you in person. Come on down if you get a chance, I am sure someone will be glad to put you on some good cats. Check out the Chattanooga gathering thread for all the details.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    In central Arkansas, on the Arkansas River, fresh shad & skipjack are far and away the best baits you can use. Old timers I've talked to told me, "If you ain't got shad, ain't no use in going fishing". And back when I was commercial fishing part time, I didn't take any other bait except a couple of buckets of fresh caught shad. Skipjack can work even better, but they can be hard to catch.

6. antfish

antfish New Member

Hey thanks for the warm welcome!:) I'll try the shad thing. I'll also try to get my dad to take me to the gathering thanks! What time is it? Do I need to bring anything? If I do please tell me. Thanks

Anthony

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Anthony, some of us will be at the campground by Thursday and will be there until Sunday morning camping, fishing, visiting and eating a bunch and having a great time. We will be camping in Area C. Just come on down and join the fun, you will love it. Here is a link to the Chattanooga Gathering thread
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9430
    Check it out and come on out and have some fun with us. Your dad is welcome to join in the fun also. You may even want to camp with us. The gathering is free all you will need to pay is for your campsite if you decide to camp. We will post a list of food things that different members need to bring and if you can bring one of the items that will be fine but if not that will be fine also.

Anthony, if you will click "New posts" at the top of the main BOC page, you will get all the posts since you logged on last, give it a try.