Catfishing near Austin?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by HugeEuge57, Dec 2, 2009.

1. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hi Texas brothers...anybody have any places to go from shore near Austin that they are willing to share? I'm coming out for work for a few days in early January and figured I'd get at least a few hours in somewhere in the area.

Obviously I know it's going to be tough from shore that time of year but it's worth a shot.

2. creepie-jackalope

creepie-jackalope New Member

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    I live out by Belton lake. Its a good hour from you so its probably to far, but we are still catching channels near the fishing dock at Temple Lake Park.

3. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't know the timing of the trip yet so it may not be. I don't mind driving it as long as I have the time to do so. Thanks.

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Belton Lake and Still House Hollow are two great Reservoirs with depths of over 100 ft, great fishing and within 15 minutes of eachother. I have caught plenty of fish there, cant wait to come back and try them with the knowledge I've gained in Virginia

5. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    See if you can get some access below Mansfield Dam. I also hear that downstream from Austin is also good on the Colorado. Bait up a hole from the shore on Lake Walter E Long....