Catfishing Mississinewa lake in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 6, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    need any info. i can get on catfishing on the mississinewa. have done alot of fishing on the river, but been along time since i've been on the lake. looking at the map of lake, any suggestions would be great on which ramp to launch the boat and areas good to fish. good friend and i going there late wedesday night and spending much of the day thursday. crappie fish alittle during the day also. i have fishfinder and alot of good bait, hope to find some cats. thanks for any info, it will help. bigcat daddy 71.

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I fished back past the 13 bridge the other day. I marked zero fish in the channel so I would assume they are up in the shallows. LOTS of brush in the water. You might wanna try back up where the river runs into the lake. Last time I went that far back there was a bunch of log jams. Just watch for stumps. Theres a small boat launch back by SR13 bridge,just a dirt ramp. Pearsons mill is a good ramp but I think the road is closed for repair.

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    thanks shortbus. i'll post how it went. did here from cousin that some big crappie being caught around red bridge area, last weekend.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    have done good up mount vernon way man. forked and muddy branch creeks make a nice cove,and we get fish off the edges at night. the channel swings up next to the mouth of the bay,and you can intersept them goin in at the sided of the bay(left or west side has been better for us). keep a live gill out close to shore for mr flatie! pulled some nice channels back in the trees too with cutbait n bobbers. getting rain here now so you should clean up tomorow.

good luck to you guys and post a report brother.

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Might see you out there tonight. I'll be in a 16ft landau jon boat with a 25h mariner.

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    kool, i'am in 14ft brown fiberglass. we'll be up there around 1am, launching at red bridge. going to move east towards 13 bridge. called a friend that has relatives that fish it all the time, said catching some big crappie east of red bridge, went and got 6 dozen minnows for the morning. if you see blacklights thats me. hope them kittys are hungry tonight. later.

7. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    pretty slow, 2 nice channels and a bunch of striped bass. did have 2 runners that broke my 20lb line, on big ball of nightcrawlers.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I fished there Monday and Tuesday off of the pier at the Miami SRA and caught about 30 crappie, one was 17.5". I also was catching a lot of small flatheads between 15 and 22" about 10 ft from the pier on nightcrawler under a float. I kept a few of the larger ones, should make a nice catfish sammich.