catfishing local waters in central ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay my truck gets terrible fuel economy and just had my first child...all while going to college. So i dont have a whole lot of money for fishing. I was curious if anyone had ever done any good fishing for flatheads in any of the waters i am about to name...
    Pleasant hill lake
    charles mill lake
    knox lake
    kokosing lake
    clearfork river
    black fork river
    kokosing river
    mohican river

I figure if i can find a decent water closer to home then ill save some mulah....if you have done good on any of these waters where at on the lake or river? Thanks for your help!

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    David are you from the Fredricktown area? Ive heard of some nice flats caught out of Charles mill lake and have seen some pics of ones caught out of pleasant hill and also Knox lake. You should get ahold of Smokey869 he is real familiar with these lakes and has caught some flats there! Hope it helps, Im moving back to apple valley here soon and We will have to get together to do some cattin!

3. newfisherman

newfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    me, my brother in-law and his brother went to Kokosing lake on sunday and I landed a nice little channal cat on a nite crawler, If I were you I would try that.

4. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mike you realize this was my post right? lol I was there for the channel you caught....lol i was the brother in law...

5. newfisherman

newfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
  6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm still trying to get one from the Mohican river. lol They have to be in there some place. There in the Ohio river and the Muskingum river runs into that. They are in the Muskingum river and the Tuscaroras river and Walhonding river run in to that. There in the Walhonding river and the Kokosing river and Mohican rivers run into that. And Knox lake and a few good gravel pits pulse Pleasanthill lake run in to them. I have been from one end of those water ways to the other and have never seen a sign that said No Flatheads allowed past this point! lol Just because you dont hear a lot of talk about them don't mean a thing to me and the only one I havent got one from is the Mohican and I dont give up easly. This may be the year.:wink:

7. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey thanks for the post...i was curious about substantial numbers i guess....i knew that had to be in there cuz pleasant hill has them and the spillway allows them to travel anywhere in the river....But i appreciate the post netman! i was just hoping someone has slaughtered them someplace close to where i live i guess....lol