Catfishing lake marion or moultrie tonight

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dixiedeerslaya, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dixiedeerslaya

dixiedeerslaya New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello, i am new to the board... i have been lurking a long time but just joined.... i am planning a little spur of the moment trip to santee tonight, was thinking about putting in around the diversion canal area.... i dont do much catfishing down there but know that side of the lake like the back of my hand .. are there any tips yall could tell me on what type of bait to use or where to fish? was thinking about drifting in the canal with some cut mullet and some live bream? ive got a bag full of fresh frozen mullet.... that sounds like a good idea but is it? should i try some different bait? should i try a different spot? any tips at all will help.... thanks:big_smile:

2. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Adam welcome to the Boc. You might want to try using white pearch, they can be caught very easily using redworms.

3. dixiedeerslaya

State:
    south carolina
    should i drift or anchor? is the diverion canal a good place to start? thanks nate

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Welcome to the BOC Adam,how the trip go?

5. dixiedeerslaya

State:
    south carolina
    thanks, i didnt make it last night.... my buddy had something come up at work..... we put it off to tonight..... so any tips are still helpful....:big_smile:

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC Adam.