Catfishing Knife

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by raybait1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    We all carry knives. I was just wondering what you guys carry, like, have and why.

These are the ones I carry, Their both good solid knives and the Leatherman is a must have imo. I keep them both shaving sharp at all times.

[​IMG]

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I carry a 4" case with blue bone handles in a trapper pattern,I have for over 30 years ,I use various fillet knives for dressing the kitty's tho.

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I carry a Gerber Gator that I have had for about 12 years it is one without the serrated blade,back when Gerber was american made.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    mostly a fillet knife for me but heres some i use for whatever ,
    http://[​IMG]

5. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas

Nice! I have a Buck shaped similar to the one above the fillet knife.

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    that there buck knife i've had since i was 18 , i pretty much only use that 1 for my big game . the rest are my boys i picked up here and there . i have too many knives i think ( LOL ) but you can never have enough .

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I carry a Leatherman tool and a Gerber knife over here in Afghanistan.

Home fishing I carry a 12v fillet knife, Buck folder, and for cutting bait a cheap (Wally World) fillet knife cant even remember the name of it. It has one of those ceramic knife sharpeners built into the sheath.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I use a cheap knife to cut bait but I`ve been meaning to pick up one of those Leatherman tools.

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the multitool carry 24/7, the fixed blade Gerber goes fishin & huntin w/ me, and i also take a folding Kershaw fishin & huntin. i use a wally world fillet for cuttin bait and a nicer fillet my son Leeland gave me (for father's day) to clean with.

Attached Files:

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I carry a swiss army knife regularly, feel undressed without it. I use a cheap bait knife someone gave me for bait, and I got a rapala 7 in filet knife for cutting up fish. When I'm hunting i got a swiss army knife, it guts a deer good, and the saw opens the pelvis and ribs. I got a leatherman wave I use on the job sometimes.

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I have a nylon sheath with a belt clip and two pockets...one holds my 6" needlenose pliers, and the other, a little 4" Rapala fillet knife. It's lightweight and my stuff is always there, available with one hand.

12. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I carry a harley lock blade my son gave me and i use a mac tool fillet and my machete on the cats