Catfishing - Is it me or is it just slow lately?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bowfin, Aug 20, 2006.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is it me or has the fishing slowed down in North Carolina the last month or so all I have cout is a 16 and a half pound gar .

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't think it is you. I have a couple of good holes that have taken a turn for the worse. While I havn't been skunked yet I definatly have been working harder to catch smaller and fewer fish.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Things are changing right now, that's what you have to remember. I'm looking foward to October and November myself, that's when I always catch the biggest Blue's.

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    This weather here in Georgia is really throwing fish for a loop. Cant wait till fall also

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    It's not just you or the fishing in NC,it's the heat. The bite has slowed down in Fl from the heat now to a point it's not worth going until the heat dies down.

Zakk I'm waiting on mid Oct. myself,by then the waters will begain to cool down and the funny begains. A lot ppl think the best catfishing is in the summer time,but some of us know better. :)

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I found that the lake I fish has fell off in quanity but the few that i am catching are larger.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    This weekend was better than the week before. I had a morning trip that landed 21 in about 4 1/2 hours and an evening trip that landed 14 in about 4 1/2 hours. Those were mainly 4-5 pound fish with a couple in the 6-7 pound range.

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Good job Dieter! I think I need to come fish with you - LOL
    I went out Saturday night and couldn't buy a bite!

I too am looking forward to a little cool down so the blues pick back up.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    dog days are upon us , cats dont like dogs

10. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Hot weather cats for me are caught for me at night, in 12-18 ft of water, drifting.

11. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yea i went camping about a month ago up at kerr lake and i only caught a couple 7 to 15 pounders and the was 3 nights of fishing so yea it has slowed down a lot i hope it picks back up by the end of this month when i plan on going again cause i hate being skunked.

12. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Fishing here has been terrible all summer.I blam it on the RAIN ,which we have had very little of in Alabama this year.ALL the rivers around here are just dead , having to troll downsteam to drift a hole.Been going to Tenn. river when I get the time and funds.I've done well there,due to our dependance
    on electricity.When the generators are running , the fish are bitting.

13. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Fishin is slow here to, I got skunked twicw yesterday morning and night. th river is very low though too. I am with Katmaster Jr. I am waiting for the fall months. and Zak feel free to offer up so help you catfish god you.lol.

Swampy where abouts are you in Florida?

14. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I think the freaky weather we had this summer has the cats so mixed up they don't know what they are supposed to be doing or where to do it.