Catfishing information for Merom lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beaneye46, Jan 10, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    has anyone fished merom. its a giant lake that stays a warm temp year around from a powerplant. ive heard a lot of stories and one year my uncle caught a 33 pounder with a deep diver while he was bass fishing, but ive only ever caught little dinks in mass amounts. any suggestions?

Ps. what is the awards thing on everyones profile?

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey beaneye. I've never heard of Merom Lake. Where is it? As far as the awards just hold your cursor over the award and it will tell you what they are for.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Beaneye,
    Is Merom lake another name for Turtle Creek, the big power station cooling lake between Terre Haute and Vincennes? If so I have fished it a few times. It seems to be full of dink cats and small carp. There could well still be some bigguns in there. The trick as always would be finding them. It's a good place to go if the old cabin fever just gets too much to bear in winter...W

4. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah your thinking of the right place. all ive ever caught were dinks out of their too. but i hear theres some good bass fishing. ive heard stories about people catching some big blues out of there. my uncle caught a 33# flathead from their years ago.

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    There are some really nice catfish there and there is no limit. I saw a couple guys last summer with about 100 lbs of catfish out of there..all pretty nice. The biggest was about a 17 lb channel. If anyone needs directions, let me know...I can hook you up with a good bank spot.

6. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Turtle Creek,,,,,,,,,,

All I have ever done on this hole of water is duck hunt, and that was only one time and it has been around ten years ago.

I do have some friends that love to go there and bowfish for carp. They say the place is loaded with them.

7. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah i caught a 5 pound carp in my throw net last year,

8. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I will tell you guys this....while I was out there fishing this past Monday, I had a talk with a DNR officer who said that if the litter doesnt get under control, Hoosier Energy is thinking about fencing off the entire area on the north end by the bridge and allowing no one to fish. The litter is HORRIBLE!!!! Remember to pick up more than what you take in. It will be better for everyone.

9. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

Sounds like you guys are plagued with the same thing we are litter bugs. We have a lot of them out in CA. in fact about a month ago while fishing a local hole I ended up picking up probably 30-40lbs worth of trash just trying to get the imediate area clean