CATFISHING IN THE RAIN ?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by twisted, Jun 20, 2009.

1. twisted

twisted New Member

how many of you guys fish in the rain ?

2. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i do , ive fished through torandoes tornado warnings, fllood watches, u name it, if i can get away from the house and it just happens to be fishing then so be it:big_smile: Not saying that ive done all that good in the rain, but at least it wasnt that hot

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the way it's been around here lately i have no choice but to fish in the rain:confused2:

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    if forced to i will:big_smile: but i would rather not i fish for fun and sitting there getting soaked takes all the fun out of it:sad2:

5. twisted

twisted New Member

we are heading out rite now and it raining pretty good but iam gonna bring my eazy up ;)

6. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    We just put the top up on the Procraft and keep on fishing. I've done really well on the Blues on the rainy days

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'd rather not fish in the rain but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do

8. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This time of year hen it is hotter I welcome the rain.

9. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like to fish the rain if I think it will bring rising water. I can sometimes find a good sandbar spot and set up my tarp shelter ahead of time, then fish from the boat until the storm rolls in and go to the camp before it hits. Then I sit in the dry and wait for clickers. When doing this though, we always have a weather radio and a internet phone available to make sure we don't get caught in high water, and if there is any doubt move to safety.

10. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I usually try and fish before a storm and have great success. There is a reason and it is simple, the atmospheric conditions. As a storm approaches, the barometric pressure increases, the fish can feel this just like any other animal, deer, elk you name it. When they feel the pressure they usually go into a feeding frenzie. Once the barometric pressure is at its highest point fishing well, just plain stinks. If you wait for the pressure to fall the bite then gets on again. I have a fishing barometer that tells you when the bite is on and you can find them all over. I can say it does work well but sometimes it's hard to get out when the sky is black and a thundering.:smile2:

11. melvin7000

melvin7000 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I have fished in the rain,tornados and like but as said in the previous post the pressure change is the key to the bite. I have had the best times right before the storm hits.

12. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    i've fished in the rain quite a bit and seems like the fish bite quicker right when the rain starts and after it ends; but when i've got my mind on fishing and the rain comes i don't normally let it scare me off. Seems like the best fishing weather for me has always been in heat storms when you've had a few days of really hot and dry weather followed by a nice storm and the sky starts roaring and crakling from the thunder and lightening and once those cold breezes hit that water it's on for sure.

13. twisted

twisted New Member

we went last night and the bite was pretty god. cats werent really biting that much but everything else was. budy caught a 5lb'er and i got a 2 lb'er

14. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I just fish. If it rains, there you go.

Rain, snow, whatever, it's all good. :big_smile:

15. ceptar

ceptar New Member

State:
    ohio
    don't fish in the rain.. wait for the effect to take place

16. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Great post Ronnie! Reps to ya!

17. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i do like to be out in the rain i dont worrie i wont melt lol

18. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I keep a rain poncho under the seat just is case,rain or shine it don't matter to me.

19. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That's my favorite time

20. apfd82

apfd82 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i fish in the rain it doesn't bother me