Catfishing in the rain - Seems Like you Never Get A Fish To Bite?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by truck, Mar 13, 2006.

1. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Seems like every time I catfish in the rain we don't catch much.Was out all day sat without a bite:sad:

2. hundt

hundt Guest

i have had the same thing happen but then there has been a time or two thata light rain began to fall and the channels began to hit like crazy.i dont know if it's the barometric pressure or what i've seen that happen with bass and snook as well:cool:

3. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    I had pretty good luck one night last year after a big rain, I kept casting in the same spot by a downed tree. there was a heavy current going under it, I was pulling out one after another... The count for that night was 13 most under 5#, a couple bigger

4. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    I seem to do my best also before or after a rain,btw the baro pressure was droping;)

5. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita

GO TO THE GENERAL CATFISHING FORUM AND SEARCH FOR " CATFISHING IN THE RAIN ". THERE WERE ALOT OF POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT IN THAT THREAD.

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the pressure was no doubt the switch that turned them off. i have seen the pressure rise during light rain (no storms) but its very rare.

7. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Funny Dink I kept telling tom that a guy on the net says not to bother fishing if the baro was dropping.Once an hour I would turn on the weather channel,they kept saying it was dropping but we were not smart enough to just go home:rolleyes:

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I fished all weekend in the rain, didn't catch anything but I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm getting ready to head out to Cowan Lake here in a little bit and its pouring, lol.:003: :thumbsup: :D

9. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always seem to have good luck right before and right after it rains. I also have did fiarly well if its just a light rain. Never seem to catch anything though if its hard rain or thunduring.