Catfishing in the Oklahoma City area

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Jan 10, 2007.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    I am moving to okc here within the next month. I will be really looking for a good spot to do some fishing fromthe bank. Or even just some one to invite for the trip as for I dont know the area very well. So It would be nice to be able to meet up with some one and go so that I could find it again next time.

2. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Hey Brad,

There's some good fishing around OKC and all over the state. Don't tell anyone:cool2: but the North end of Lake Overholser has some pretty good spots. I like to fish anywhere in the North Canadian river, all the way East past Shawnee. Let us know when you arrive. We can sure point you in the right direction.

Paul

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Ive caught good cats drifting Hefner, also seen good blues come out of Overholser, never caught any but I'v seen some good flats come out of Guthre city lake and Langston city lake. Lots of good fishin close in.

4. LARRY DAVISON

LARRY DAVISON New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When the weather gets a little warmer and if the North Canadian River is up and you are game. We can catch some good cats going up the river a mile or two. I love to river fish and go where the fish are! I live in Yukon, Okla. and it is less then ten miles for me to get to the lake.

Okieprime

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Larry,

Where are you fishing on the river?

Dave

6. LARRY DAVISON

LARRY DAVISON New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would have to show you! Just got back from winning the Keystone Tournament yesterday. Am working the Tackle Show today. (last day) I am with the Outdoor Outfitter's group. Maybe I will see you there.

Larry

7. Tiny

Tiny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats on the win. how many boats entered? how many fish weighed in and stuff? I was gonna go over to the weigh-in but didn't want to unhook my boat from the truck.

8. LARRY DAVISON

LARRY DAVISON New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Their were 9 teams in the tournament. Only one fish was brought to the scales a 15.85 pound Flathead. It was tough tournament with the cold and the wind being the way it was. One fish is better than no fish.

Larry

9. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Larry, Good to meet you at the weigh in. Man, y'all looked COLD!!
    Come join us for the Keystone Gathering June 1,2,3.
    Hope to see you there.