Catfishing in Texas with Bud.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Angelkitty, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    We had a blast visiting Bud and Bobbie. And yes I went out in the boat. :smile2: But it did not want to crank a few times. The battery was weak. We were close to the bank. So Newton and Bud had to paddle us closer. All of a sudden Newton jumped out of the boat and pulled us on. Pheww, Panic attack was fixing to kick in. Slow deep breaths I tell ya. :crazy: But i did enjoy the relaxation. Of course they went to get another battery and a charger for the weak one.
    More stories to come and more photos.

1. Bud
    2. Bobbie
    3. Cntryboy and me, I was tired from the heat.

Attached Files:

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Rickey had a wonderful time. He seen that Bobbie was catching her kittys with stink bait. So of course he wanted to try some. He hooked the first one, He was so excited. He was reeling fast and yelling "I got one, I got one!" And of course he did the same on the second one. We had to tell him to slow down. But to see his eyes light up and that big smile on his little face, That was awesome. Thats one memory I will never for get and I am sure he won't either.

More Photos
    1. Rickey caught this catfish all by him self.
    2. Bud is holding Rickeys second cat
    3. Look at that look. Thats some serious cat'n right there. :smile2:

Attached Files:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

How :cool2:! Thanks for the pictures and report Trisha.

That Rickey is SO cute. :big_smile:

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Keep-em coming Trisha, I know you must have taken a thousand pictures down here..lol

Oh, and I can't wait to hear all about the rest of our episodes..lol

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    trish the look on that boys face says it all

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    We had a wonderful time in Texas. Thanks to Bud & Bobbie. I guess being around Johnnie the last two years at Degray has rubbed off on me. Because the first thing I discovered after getting there and setting up camp was that I forgot the tent poles. Somehow they did not get put back in the bag at Degray 3.

But not all was lost! Bud & Bobbie offered us to stay in their Bed & breakfast inn(camper). It was nice , only now I have to go buy a camper, It spoiled my wife!:crazy:

Sunday Morning Bobbie fixed a darn good breakfast with scrambled eggs, Bacon, and fried taters! Man that made for a better trip home!:big_smile:

Although we did not catch anything on the jugs other than one little cat, and we had set out a trotline with soap. But someone cut the line and we lost whatever might have been on it!

Bobbie was Kind enough to give us a big laugh at her expense also. It was hilarious to see her squell and look like she was going to fall off the back of the boat when the catfish flounced toward her as Bud was taking it off the hook! Thanks Bobbie! :smile2:

If you get a chance to go to visit with Bud & Bobbie - don't pass it up! We plan on another trip later in the year!

Here are some picks of us setting the line and a few other memories.

Pic 1 = Setting a trotline
    Pic 2 = Bobbie getting ready for her fish attack!:smile2:
    Pic 3 = Lil Rick helping set a trotline

Attached Files:

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Newton,

I appreciate all the kind words my Friend. We certainly enjoyed y'alls company, and it was our pleasure to have y'all stay with us in the Hilton... Sorry about spoiling Trish to the point where she now wants a camper..lol ..Ya got to admit that it was very cool and comfortable.

Maybe you can use the A/C I gave ya in your house since your not gonna Tent camp huh?..ya, right... I am looking forward to the Fall where we can camp out again. it will be cooler and the fish will be biting better..

We would love to see more Boc members come down and stay a few days with us. The fish will be out of lock jaw mode soon so come join us.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I enjoyed the report, and glad to see someone besides Bobbie can get along with Bud. Look at his picture again... man, that is one UGLY guy. No, Trish, not you or Newton.... BUD.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks like ya'll had a good time. Say, how did you get Ricky to sit still long enough to fish????:smile2::wink: Good to see him catch something

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Mercy Lawrence,

You must be jealous of my good looks huh?...lol.. You should come down here, and we will go fishing.. Yep, being the nice guy that I am,I would even let YOU stay in the Hilton with us..lol

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the report and pictures Patricia and Newton. I agree, Bud and his wife are top class folkes.
    Hi Bud does that invitation goes for me too!

From your buddy in Southern California: Jaime:wink:

12. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Jaime,

Buddy my camper is always open for you my friend. Wish you could come down and fish with us. Gonna plan on camping again some time in September when the weather cools down a spell.. Thanks for the kind words my friend..

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Watch out Jamie, when Bud starts throwing those sweet sounding words around, it is time to head for some heavy cover. LOL

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Shuckie,

Your invited too my friend. All ya gotta do is show up..We both know that you ain't right, but I will look over that part...lol

15. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    We had so much fun with Bud and Bobbie. If you can go and visit, You will too. I have more photos to upload.
    We all went up town to get lights for the boat. Bud and Bobbie showed us around there town. Sometimes I miss living in Texas. I kinda felt like I was at home there.

1. Bud is all dress up for town and being cool. :big_smile:

2. Bud caught this lil fish.

3. And of course he caught a bigger cat.

Attached Files:

16. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Lil Mac it was a job in it self to get Rickey to stay still. :big_smile: But he did off and on.
    Buds and Bobbies bed and breakfast was cool and relaxing. Yep, I was spoiled. We are gonna get us a camper. Thanks for the A/C Bud and Bobbie.

1. Rickey watching Bud clean the fish.

2. Bobbies Big cat, She holds it away . LMAO I couldn't take a photo when she was swirming. It was to funny.

3. Rickeys smile - Loving the ride on the boat, Kicked back. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Even though Bud, Bobbie and Rickey caught their Kittys. Newton and I didn't catch one. Other then Newts lil kitty on jug. I guess them kittys in Texas likes stink bait better. Cause they didn't like our Arkansas Bait. Shad and catalpa worms is what we used.

1. Me taking a photo of my self
    2. Cntryboy
    3. All of us around the table

Attached Files:

18. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Trisha,

Those are some great photos. We did have a good time there didn't we?...We are sure looking forward to September when we get to stay a whole week. Mercy, it's gonna be great.. Cooler weather, good fishing, great friends, what more could anybody ask for...lol

There is an open invitation for all Boc brothers and Sisters to come join in the fun. If interested, let me know ahead of time as Camp sites go like hot cakes around here...

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad ya'll had a good trip. That boy looks like he was havin a blast. Great pics, thanks

20. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    1. A turtle egg that was near the bank

2. Rickey fishing

3. Rickey playing

Still have more to post. I love taking photos. Capturing that speacial moment is memories to last for ever. :big_smile:

Attached Files: